Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirrors auto folding at home location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mirrors keep folding at home location, very off putting when Im about to back into drive! I dont recall changing any settings to do this, seems to be happening after last update...does anyone know where the setting is to disable this? Thanks in advance.

Found it, thanks!

'When you fold mirrors, a Location Saved popup briefly displays below the Fold Mirrors control. When Location Saved is enabled, mirrors automatically fold whenever you approach the location, saving you from having to manually fold them each time you arrive at a frequently visited location (such as narrow garages, tight parking spaces, etc.). If you do not want the location saved, simply touch Location Saved to disable it. This popup toggles between Location Saved and Save Location to allow you to specify whether or not you want mirrors to automatically fold as you approach your current location.'

Why when the mirrors are folded in at a location and you go to reverse they do t fold back out? I crashed my car into the garage. How do you get the mirrors to unfold at a saved location to golf out when in reverse?
If you set a location to fold in the mirrors then that is what it will do - the idea being that you are in a tight space and therefore you wouldn't want them to fold out until you are clear of the area. If that isn't the case the you need to remove that saved location.

My mirrors keep folding at home location, very off putting when Im about to back into drive! I dont recall changing any settings to do this, seems to be happening after last update...does anyone know where the setting is to disable this? Thanks in advance.
No idea why this started for me, my auto folding mirror setting was off. I FIXED IT, by going to the folding mirror setting (mine was off already) changing it to ON, saving, waiting a few second, chasing it to off, and saving it.

No idea why this started for me, my auto folding mirror setting was off. I FIXED IT, by going to the folding mirror setting (mine was off already) changing it to ON, saving, waiting a few second, chasing it to off, and saving it.
Note that there are TWO settings that control the mirror folding.

Vehicle > Mirror Auto-Fold

and

Controls > Auto-Fold Set at This Location

These settings work correct when (a) they are both off; (b) only Vehicle > Mirror Auto-Fold is on; and (c) when only Controls > Auto-Fold Set at This Location is on.

When both settings are turned on, the mirrors behave incorrectly (and randomly) when unlocking the car at the specified location. Is this your experience?

Reactions: WannabeOwner