Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirrors folded in and stuck there

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 MS (had it for 2 months): when I parked, mirrors folded in as usual. When I returned to the car, it took an unusually long time for the startup sequence to run, and the folded-in mirrors stayed folded.

In the Settings panel, I tried changing the folding mirrors toggle back and forth, no change.

A stop at a store (went in for a while), mirrors still stay folded upon restart.

I drove home and I found when the car turned off, and then on again - then they folded out (as they should).

I have set the toggle to disable auto-fold, at least for now.

What do you think? Weird software glitch? Or a developing bad connection somewhere? Or?

Don't use power savings modes and your car "starts up faster".

Reboot your console.

Don't forget that you have a button on the door to unfold on demand. Use that rather than center console settings if what you need is unfolded mirrors right now.

I have folding mirrors, it was part of an option package I wanted. But I don't really want folding mirrors, leave them unfolded all the time. Lots of space where I park and drive daily... don't need the narrowness.

If these gave me issues, I'd simply disconnect the wires and leave them in the folded out position.

Ultimately, I'd like to remove the side mirrors and put 2 cameras there instead, and mount 2 little screens either where the triangle windows are or as side extensions to the center rear view mirror... Tesla has teased at this kind of thing and faced ancient laws and other things so we don't see it today.

Last edited:
Reactions: AMPd