TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mirrors not tilting in Reverse?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by carrerascott, Mar 10, 2013.

1. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Have settings for mirrors to tilt in reverse On, but they don't. I have v4.2. Any tips or is this something to report to Tesla Service?

2. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

Hi Carrerascott,

Simple fix: the profile has to be saved in drive AND reverse.

To do so:

1. Set up your driving profile and save (I assume you already did).

2. Put the car in reverse, set the mirrors tilted down as you want them.

3. Save your profile again.

Done!

When you put the car back to drive, the mirrors will come back to their "up" position.

They should now tilt down when you go back in reverse, if you have the auto-tilt in reverse option set to ON in the settings page.

3. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Thanks! Will give this a try tonight.

4. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

I've noted two or three instances where my profile 'forgets' the reverse mirror settings and I have to re-program them. Hasn't happened to the Drive mirror settings in the same profile, though that might just be a bit of luck: if the profile memory is lost while the mirrors are set for the main driver, you wouldn't notice a problem until you put the car in reverse.

5. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Thanks, this worked like a charm.

6. aaronw

aaronw Member

Mirrors stopped tilting down in reverse

For some reason after I took my car in for service my side mirrors no longer tilt down when going in to reverse. Furthermore, it seems I am unable to reprogram them to do so either.:confused:

7. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Check the controls to see if tilting is turned off.

8. Chas F

Chas F Model S 60kWh #P6396

I have the leather seats with seat memory but no tech package. I went to my local service center (Tampa) this weekend to get a minor hazzard light problem taken care of (loose connector) and inquired about not being able to set my side mirrors to auto-tilt on reverse. The answer I got is that this is a tech package feature only. Really? Seems it would be more at home in the driver profile/seat memory settings. Nothing high tech about tilting side mirrors. Not to mention I can manually tilt the mirrors, meaning the hardware to do so is already there, they've just chosen to disable that feature in software. Not cool.

9. solar powered

solar powered Member

Seat memory was tied to leather seats for 2012 models. As of April 2013, seat memory was bundled w/the tech pkg. Make sure that your service center is aware of that. I hoped that they didn't deactivate your seat memory in error.

10. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I think Tesla has this all jumbled up internally. A lot of 2012 cloth seat owners also lost the auto tilting mirrors with 4.3 upgrade.