Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirrors not tilting in Reverse?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Carrerascott,

Simple fix: the profile has to be saved in drive AND reverse.

To do so:

1. Set up your driving profile and save (I assume you already did).

2. Put the car in reverse, set the mirrors tilted down as you want them.

3. Save your profile again.

Done!

When you put the car back to drive, the mirrors will come back to their "up" position.

They should now tilt down when you go back in reverse, if you have the auto-tilt in reverse option set to ON in the settings page.

I've noted two or three instances where my profile 'forgets' the reverse mirror settings and I have to re-program them. Hasn't happened to the Drive mirror settings in the same profile, though that might just be a bit of luck: if the profile memory is lost while the mirrors are set for the main driver, you wouldn't notice a problem until you put the car in reverse.

I have the leather seats with seat memory but no tech package. I went to my local service center (Tampa) this weekend to get a minor hazzard light problem taken care of (loose connector) and inquired about not being able to set my side mirrors to auto-tilt on reverse. The answer I got is that this is a tech package feature only. Really? Seems it would be more at home in the driver profile/seat memory settings. Nothing high tech about tilting side mirrors. Not to mention I can manually tilt the mirrors, meaning the hardware to do so is already there, they've just chosen to disable that feature in software. Not cool.