TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Mirrors sometimes don't fold in

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by kirkbauer, Jul 22, 2017.

1. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

i have auto-fold mirrors enabled, but sometimes when I walk away from the car they don't fold in. It used to only happen if I left a key inside, but recently it happens just at random times. Has anybody else seen this?

2. Lex

Lex Member

I've recently noticed that they are not folding at the most appropriate times for me, but I'm not sure if this is new behaviour or not (and I turn the feature off for the winter season).

It seems logical to me that as driver I'd want them folded as soon as I exit the vehicle, eg. so that I can get out of a tight parking spot. I've had to press the manual button a couple of times recently to make sure they go in (oh the agony lol)

3. johnnyS

johnnyS Member

Yes, mine fold only at random intervals--maybe one out of ten times.

4. Lex

Lex Member

Hmm I guess I should have made sure that I mentioned that at some point mine always end up folded, ie. when I am far away from the car, they are always folded. Johnny if this is not happening on your car every time then there could be a hardware problem.

I think they're waiting until keyfob is out of range, which is a time that doesn't help with vehicle egress at all... this is possibly a bug.

5. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

So I figured out my problem. At some point "auto lock " was disabled, so for at least a month or so my car hasn't actually been locking when I walk away. I had forgotten that was an option and have no idea how it got reset.

• Like x 1