Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirrors Unfolding behavior with secondary phone

dvaz

Oct 11, 2019
CA
I haven't taken delivery of my TM3 yet, so forgive if this questions is obvious.

Does the fold / unfold mirrors based on geo-location override the auto-unfold on phone approach option?

I want the mirrors to fold when approaching the garage and unfold after i reach certain speed. ----I think it currently works like that.

The wife phone will be setup as a valid key as well, but what I don't want is that the mirrors will unfold because she gets on her car right next to mine.

RTPEV

Mar 21, 2016
Durham, NC
I didn't even know you could unfold the mirrors as you approach the car. In fact, the car doesn't even let go of my J1772 charging cable until I physically touch the door handle, much less unfold mirrors.

On my car, it works exactly how you think it does. The mirrors don't unfold until you reach a certain speed.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC