Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirrors won’t fold after modelXmas show..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Played the modelXmas show for a friends young kids last night, and ever since then, neither of the mirrors will fold in. They don’t respond to the fold button (middle mirror button on door) and no longer auto-fold when I lock the car. They were definitely working during the Xmas show, but not since. Anyone experience this?

I have the same problem but only on the passenger side. Luckily it happened a few days before the 1-year service so I already had an appointment. They fixed it. Other than a trip to service, I don't know if there is a fix. Perhaps the next SW update will resolve it.

Thanks for all the feedback. So it looks like this is a known problem and I can either wait for the next firmware update or call my SC to upload a fix. I need to fold the mirrors to get into my garage comfortably so I’m going to email my SC and see if they’ll fix it remotely, even though I’m on 2017.34 and expect to be getting a firmware update soon.

Thanks for all the feedback. So it looks like this is a known problem and I can either wait for the next firmware update or call my SC to upload a fix. I need to fold the mirrors to get into my garage comfortably so I’m going to email my SC and see if they’ll fix it remotely, even though I’m on 2017.34 and expect to be getting a firmware update soon.
Unfortunately, it's not 'upload a fix', it's reset the controller, since rerunning the Xmas Easter Egg breaks it again. :( I don't believe even 17.38 fixes it.

Getting a new release on my car as we speak, assume it's 17.38, but not running Xmas at all! :D

happened to me too. went to the service center where they did some type of fix and then pushed the latest FW to me which they claim to be a more permanent fix ( I haven't tried running the show again yet)

What about pressing the two center steering wheel scroll buttons for 10 seconds and then releasing them? That should reset the center screen. You should also reset the left screen by pressing the two top buttons on either side of the steering wheel for 10 seconds. By doing this, all of your Model X's systems should restart. You shouldn't lose any configuration settings by doing this.

I called Tesla Customer Support about this. The person immediately said its a known issue and asked me if the car was parked. I said I'm driving right now. He said if you can stop for 2 minutes he can send a fix down. I pulled over parked the car and literally was back on the road after he sent the fix to the car. Mirrors folded and when I got to work and locked the car mirrors folded. I also tested with the middle button right after I got the fix.

• Informative
Reactions: boelkers
What about pressing the two center steering wheel scroll buttons for 10 seconds and then releasing them? That should reset the center screen. You should also reset the left screen by pressing the two top buttons on either side of the steering wheel for 10 seconds. By doing this, all of your Model X's systems should restart. You shouldn't lose any configuration settings by doing this.
MCU/ICU reboot does NOT fix this. They need to reset the mirror controller (whatever that means, however Xmas screwed it up... :D ).

We can only hope 17.38.4 is a quick release to fix this and Homelink....