TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Mirrors won’t fold after modelXmas show..

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by njxman, Oct 1, 2017.

1. njxman

njxman Member

Played the modelXmas show for a friends young kids last night, and ever since then, neither of the mirrors will fold in. They don’t respond to the fold button (middle mirror button on door) and no longer auto-fold when I lock the car. They were definitely working during the Xmas show, but not since. Anyone experience this?

2. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Probably caused by the same gremlin that tangles up all the xmas lights that I carefully put away each year.:rolleyes:

• Helpful x 1
  3. Jays200

Jays200 Member

That makes me feel better. At least one of mine still folds ;)

4. Patrick0101

Patrick0101 Member

I have the same problem but only on the passenger side. Luckily it happened a few days before the 1-year service so I already had an appointment. They fixed it. Other than a trip to service, I don't know if there is a fix. Perhaps the next SW update will resolve it.

5. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Mine came in at 17.32, cleared when I installed 17.34 and came back with 17.36.

I don't think I did the Xmas dance on 17.34 but installing a new update seems to reset the mirrors. Rebooting the MCU and IC doesn't.

Let's see what 17.38 brings.

6. Tiger

Tiger Member

7. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Several threads on this. Bug that upsets the controller from the Xmas demo on 10.34 I believe. If you contact the SC, they can probably reset it. Some have no clue however.

8. njxman

njxman Member

Thanks for all the feedback. So it looks like this is a known problem and I can either wait for the next firmware update or call my SC to upload a fix. I need to fold the mirrors to get into my garage comfortably so I’m going to email my SC and see if they’ll fix it remotely, even though I’m on 2017.34 and expect to be getting a firmware update soon.

9. boaterva

Unfortunately, it's not 'upload a fix', it's reset the controller, since rerunning the Xmas Easter Egg breaks it again. :( I don't believe even 17.38 fixes it.

Getting a new release on my car as we speak, assume it's 17.38, but not running Xmas at all! :D

10. douglux

douglux Member

happened to me too. went to the service center where they did some type of fix and then pushed the latest FW to me which they claim to be a more permanent fix ( I haven't tried running the show again yet)

11. boaterva

Which firmware was that?

12. douglux

douglux Member

2017.38 f87c64d5

13. boaterva

Be interesting to see if that fixes it (as in, you can run the Xmas show and it doesn't break). Resetting the controllers isn't a fix, it's a reset. :D

14. Electric700

Electric700 Active Member

What about pressing the two center steering wheel scroll buttons for 10 seconds and then releasing them? That should reset the center screen. You should also reset the left screen by pressing the two top buttons on either side of the steering wheel for 10 seconds. By doing this, all of your Model X's systems should restart. You shouldn't lose any configuration settings by doing this.

15. MX1028

MX1028 Member

I called Tesla Customer Support about this. The person immediately said its a known issue and asked me if the car was parked. I said I'm driving right now. He said if you can stop for 2 minutes he can send a fix down. I pulled over parked the car and literally was back on the road after he sent the fix to the car. Mirrors folded and when I got to work and locked the car mirrors folded. I also tested with the middle button right after I got the fix.

• Informative x 1
  16. boaterva

MCU/ICU reboot does NOT fix this. They need to reset the mirror controller (whatever that means, however Xmas screwed it up... :D ).

We can only hope 17.38.4 is a quick release to fix this and Homelink....

17. Jays200

Jays200 Member

17.38.f fixed the wing mirrors for me

18. boaterva

You can run Xmas and the mirrors work? Great, then they only broke Homelink and Bluetooth. :D

19. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Homelink is not available in "Straya" and the Bluetooth has always been solid. I did get 17.38.4 today too

20. boaterva

Bluetooth had had recent issues of breaking after being used for a while. Reseting it on the phone (toggling it) will fix it. (That’s 17.38 on the BT)