Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirrors won’t fold after modelXmas show..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Played the modelXmas show for a friends young kids last night, and ever since then, neither of the mirrors will fold in. They don’t respond to the fold button (middle mirror button on door) and no longer auto-fold when I lock the car. They were definitely working during the Xmas show, but not since. Anyone experience this?
Mine too, Ranger service rep confirms that holiday mode can cause...Has to be reset at SC until,patch....

In addition to the passenger side mirror not folding in, there are a few other quirks on my car, but my primary complaint to Tesla was the mirror. The first time, Tesla replaced the mirror and reset some controller. It worked for a few weeks. The second time they did a firmware reset remotely, and it worked for a couple of weeks.
The third time they said it is a "known issue" and they do not have a fix. And, yes. i did run the Xmas show a couple of times, so that probably triggered it. I guess now i can run the Xmas show all i want.

Yeah, the SC has to reset the mirror controller. With all the times *this* has had to be done, you'd think this would be in a new firmware and not Camper mode or Homelink changes or... :D

And, no, the reset is just that, it will break again until (I assume) they update the Xmas show to not screw up the mirror controller.

If they have no idea, point them here. This has been done hundreds of time by now. They reset the mirror controller OTA.

Yep it works... just click on the T logo on the home screen. Let the easter eggs pop up and press on the red ball ornament. Exit the vehicle and press the lock button and enjoy.

After that, call the SC to get your mirror reset lol!
Dag nab it.....all this time I believed I had missed the window of opportunity......Im headed out right now to fire the ol girl up and play me some music!! Thanks for the news, and I have my service center on speed dial! LOL