Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Misaligned door/Protruding panel/Pitted aluminum result

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeez, chill out everyone.

The first photo is just a close up of the front door below the crease, and since the other photos are further away, it's no longer possible to see the damage on the edge, but it's clear the two doors are misaligned.

For what its worth my Pearl white Passenger door is misaligned and sticks out approx. 1/8 inch out from the car, not too dissimilar to this. My vin is 18K. I'll be hopefully getting them to realign it when I'm next at the SC as its starting to bug me too as well as the interior panel pops away from the door when I close that same door.

Here's what a Model S driver's door looks like from the same angle. I'll let the readers decide.
20140923_072331.jpg

And here's the original image.
IMAG0586_1_resize2.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 59823 Thank you J1mbo!!! And to steal a line from Joe Pesci in 'My Cousin Vinny" ...."I think it's time for some thicker glasses sweetheart"

- - - Updated - - -

May I ask those doubters a question as it relates to this thread.....

Do you like apples?

- - - Updated - - -

If you zoom in you can clearly see the edge pitting on this picture, why are people doubting him. I don't get it.

Here's what a Model S driver's door looks like from the same angle. I'll let the readers decide.

And here's the original image.

Except it's not remotely the same angle. My S is at the SC at the moment, otherwise I'd go take a picture, but the OP's picture is only showing the lowest part of the door, below the crease and concave section. You can see the chrome strip and the rear wheel arch flare. It is a Model S. Let it go.

Whatever dude...your incorrigible! I have nothing to prove to you! The SC saw it and they're taking action and I've said that here too. Or is it ma'am!

- - - Updated - - -

My last post is @ Archer as a clarification ..thanks to the rest of the level headed posts for the most part, much appreciated!

@v12 to v12 My MS was in the process of having the mirror XPEL wrapped at the time of that particular photo for clarification. Just spoke with SC again and they are rectifying the issue with my appointment date. Might take a week or so....

- - - Updated - - -

Tonight I shall post full vehicle side pics to exemplify the oversized gap at the top and well the bottom damage....

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you captain_zap

You 'people' are messed up. never seen a zoomed in image? the chrome strip is reaaly wide in the OPs first pic so you can't even see the hard line on the door.
the doubt is just plain stooopid and unwarranted.
really why would someone fake a pic like this? there really could be no gain from it unless it was an S that needed to be fixed

Shame on the forum members!

I am completely shocked at the immature, infantile behavior being shown to this owner who clearly has a real issue.

I assume that the people participating in this forum are generally educated and accomplished in life. I can't believe the same people would not be able to understand that a close-up would look different than a zoomed out photo. I looked at the OP's first set of photos and immediately could see that 1) YES this is a Model S door and 2) it is zoomed in so that's why the curve looks different. It's a tightly framed photo showing only the bottom-most portion of the door.

Shame on you.

An owner comes here for help and ends up having his integrity questioned. To you mob mentality hooligans, do you honestly think someone would make up a post like this? Seriously... some people need to get a life.

MODS - can you please say something? I'm sorry for my above choice of words if some find it inappropriate or aggressive, but you should see my face right now after reading through this thread. I am ashamed to be counted as an owner among some of you today.

I am completely shocked at the immature, infantile behavior being shown to this owner who clearly has a real issue.

I assume that the people participating in this forum are generally educated and accomplished in life. I can't believe the same people would not be able to understand that a close-up would look different than a zoomed out photo. I looked at the OP's first set of photos and immediately could see that 1) YES this is a Model S door and 2) it is zoomed in so that's why the curve looks different. It's a tightly framed photo showing only the bottom-most portion of the door.

Shame on you.

An owner comes here for help and ends up having his integrity questioned. To you mob mentality hooligans, do you honestly think someone would make up a post like this? Seriously... some people need to get a life.

MODS - can you please say something? I'm sorry for my above choice of words if some find it inappropriate or aggressive, but you should see my face right now after reading through this thread. I am ashamed to be counted as an owner among some of you today.

+10000000 I chimed in on posts in support as it was clear the pictures were legit and i have similar issues, albeit not as severe.

Thank you AMPUP..thank you AmpedRealtor(love your other posts here and on the Tesla.com forum)..thank you Zextraterrestrial and even captain_zap for coming clean and 'manning up' & thank you all!!!! I resorted to this forum to document my issue with my MS and the door in search of information, opinion and maybe even to help another owner in the process. Not to be attacked and doubted as to the validity of my words and time. I flagged Archer don't worry as warranted. He asked for it!!! Just for wasting my time.

Tesla motors has stepped up and will rectify this problem. My Vin is just under 18K as another owner posted on this thread a similar, maybe even worse issue than mine with an 18K Vin so I hope this helps. It seems like a production issue within that field of VIN's. I took a full side shot today which doesn't show much but the gap between the doors is huge particularly up top when compared to the other side of the MS.

I hope to help and communicate with other owners and won't let a bad apple slid my grin any iota!
IMAG0692.jpg
IMAG0585.jpg
IMAG0586_1.jpg

We have.

mod note: please everyone be respectful. If you think something isn't right ask nicely or report the post. Thanks.

People do need to give the benefit of doubt.

And welcome tmyl21 too. This really is a great forum. We can't control everything on the internet but we try and make this a good place for discussion. Sorry you had such a rough introduction and hope you stick around.

There are trolls who go onto the forums because they just want to create trouble or do so because they know these forums are monitored by blogs and press who love to jump on any negative news about Tesla. There was a recent troll on the TeslaMotors forum named "OnlyTopGear" that Amp knows full well. I think the questions asked were completely legitimate. I apologize if saying "BS" was too harsh when I didn't believe the photos. I don't think the 2nd set of photos were definitive and the attitude in the OP's response just made it easier for me to believe he may be lying. In hindsight, he was legitimately mad because he was accused of lying and I'm sorry that I was a part of that.

Now seeing the zoomed photo provided by Captain, I can see how the perspective can be really misleading. @tmyl21, please accept my apologies and I hope that Tesla will fix your issue soon.