Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Misalignment of left taillight with bumper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can get at the tail light nuts by removing 2-3 push pins in the felt in the trunk. There are two 8mm nuts holding the tail light in. I would start here and see if it's a bumper issue or tail light issue.

But I like poking around with nuts/bolts. YMMV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I did this in two minutes.

Two push pins on the left side. Top one is above the light.
IMG_20180629_090701.jpg

Pull back felt. Note the top plastic trim piece will probably come down. When re-assembling make sure you tuck the felt back behind the rubber as shown above.

IMG_20180629_090812.jpg

I don't see your issue. The bottom of the light seems flush with the face of the bumper. Or are you talking about something else?
The issue is the top of the left taillight. It's sticking out a lot and not flushed. At first I thought it might have been a panel misalignment but the panel is fine. The technician said whoever installed it didn't angle it correctly.

I reported a panel gap on my tail lights when I took delivery, after the appointment, 2 months later. They said they did some shimmy work to make the gap more aligned on the left tail light. Since the right side was flush and my left side had a decent gap.

took my car in last week for trunk / tail light / paint / scratched console issues. Picking up today. Hope to report back good news. Here's the pics of the problems.

Attachments

• 20180428_111407.jpg
    20180428_111407.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 570
  • 20180527_111727.jpg
    20180527_111727.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 530