Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Misc. FOB opens doors/starts car intermittently, anyone else see this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have multiple Model S's and as a result 8 fob's total. Weird thing started up a few days ago. The 2013 fob is intermittantly unlocking the 2014, one time allowing the car to start but other times just opening the doors. The cars fob's were nowhere near so it's not an error ... it's happened 4 times now including the first time at Tesla Svc Center (didn't understand what was happening then as it was the first time it happened so we assumed the fob was nearby somehow...) now it's a pattern.

Anyone else hear of this?

I have a young daughter, so I spend many hours sitting in the car in my garage or in a parking lot while she is sleeping. And it's happened many times that out of nowhere, the car will act like someone "unlocked" it. Door handles pop out and lights turn on. I always suspected it was reacting to someone else's fob somewhere? But I can't prove or reproduce it at will.

I have a young daughter, so I spend many hours sitting in the car in my garage or in a parking lot while she is sleeping. And it's happened many times that out of nowhere, the car will act like someone "unlocked" it. Door handles pop out and lights turn on. I always suspected it was reacting to someone else's fob somewhere? But I can't prove or reproduce it at will.

That's a known "feature"; the car recognizes the key but can't tell if it's inside or outside the car. The feature stops you locking the key in the car (mostly....there are spots in the trunk where the key might not be recognized).