Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Misc. Model 3 questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the strongest regen, use Track Mode. I have read that it cranks up the regen higher than any of the other modes.

I don't think mine has Track Mode. Maybe the P models have that? or the AWD models? But I'd want to make sure that track mode didn't do other things that would be harmful, like maintaining a higher battery temperature for maximum amperage, which you'd want on the track but which could shorten battery life if used all the time.

FWIW, I really wanted P-AWD but got plain LR RWD because P and AWD were not available in the first production, and I didn't want to wait. While I could really feel the difference in acceleration compared to my Roadster, the LR-RWD has all the torque I need, leaves everybody else way behind at stop lights, and plenty of acceleration for merging and passing.

Track mode is only on P software.

OP, I live in Phoenix and have been more than satisfied with the AC. I haven’t even tinted my windows yet, and I am completely comfortable driving when it’s 115 and sunny. I have white interior which probably helps here. Definitely much better than my prior ICE and my wife’s minivan.

The remote cool from the app is a game changer. My car is garaged at home and work, but when I’m parked outside in the summer the cabin will cool from 120+ to 70 in just a few minutes. (I also leave on cabin overheat protection all the time.)

Now those chrome door handles on the other hand... fire!

Reactions: Sir Guacamolaf
Are they really chrome? I had thought they was solid polished aluminum.

Whatever they are they are hot!

Last weekend I put performance aluminum pedals on my AWD. Instead of letting them get malleable by sitting in warm water per the instructions, I left them on the driveway for 10 minutes. Didn’t realize until an hour after install that I had burns and blisters on my thumbs. :cool:

Track mode is only on P software.

OP, I live in Phoenix and have been more than satisfied with the AC. I haven’t even tinted my windows yet, and I am completely comfortable driving when it’s 115 and sunny. I have white interior which probably helps here. Definitely much better than my prior ICE and my wife’s minivan.

The remote cool from the app is a game changer. My car is garaged at home and work, but when I’m parked outside in the summer the cabin will cool from 120+ to 70 in just a few minutes. (I also leave on cabin overheat protection all the time.)

Now those chrome door handles on the other hand... fire!

I keep forgetting to tell the car to keep the A/C on when I go shopping and park in the sun. Then I have to wait a whole minute for the car to cool off after I get back in it. :mad: OTOH, I never before had a car that would let me do that, or turn it on remotely. :)