TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Misinformation continues: "States where you can't charge a Tesla"

Discussion in 'News' started by TexasEV, Sep 22, 2014.

1. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

My Yahoo news feed for Tesla had a headline this morning "States where you can't charge a Tesla." I'm not including the link so as not to give the site business, but here is an excerpt:
    "Most of the public battle over Tesla Motors Inc.’s (NASDAQ: TSLA) ability to sell and service its cars is whether dealers, state by state, can keep Tesla out of their regions due to fear of competition. Less is said about where a Tesla can be charged when people have one". It then goes on to list the states that don't have a supercharger yet.

It's no wonder some people are surprised that we charge our cars in our garages overnight.

2. mkjayakumar

mkjayakumar Active Member

There are a few states that indeed have a Supercharger but still listed in that article as not having one.. Massachusetts for eg..

Either sloppy writing or attempt to create FUD. That news outfit has started appearing in Yahoo news feed only recently.

3. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

I had to read the article just to try and understand the title. What's the point of the article if not to create FUD. Lousy writing.

4. Tharo

Tharo Member

Yahoo sucks, and isn't a Newspaper or have a reporter, they post what oders want to put there.

5. roblab

roblab Active Member

So, you're saying, there are NO STATES where you can't charge a Tesla. They use an outlet. Where in the world would you find one of those?

Need to have them explain what they mean....

6. EKnight47

EKnight47 Member

Of course this article is total BS. However, I'd love to know where there is an open SC in MA.....

7. LMB

LMB Member

(LMB spouse)

@EKnight47 - Me too, but the Sagamore SC is this close. Seems like it's done, but still unpowered.

8. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

When I last checked that article, yesterday afternoon, every single one of the responses was excoriating every aspect of the article.
    As above....

9. TexasEV

TexasEV Active Member

Today it's "States where you can't buy a Tesla". Clearly someone with an agenda. The article isn't quite a bad as the headline, explaining people do buy them but are "forced to order the cars from Tesla's web site". Silly me, I kind of enjoyed ordering from the web site.

10. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

And there was a similar negative-click-bait about the over-the-air software updates.

11. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Wait... there are States that don't have electricity???

12. Reykjavik

Reykjavik Member

If you see things this blatantly wrong, write to the editors. If there are no editors for the "news" outlet, then perhaps it isn't really worth having as source of news.