Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missed encounter - Model S P90D in Irvine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha ha, today 4 teenage boys smoked me in their beat up Civic. At the next light they looked over at me with "WTF old man!" faces". I didn't make the same mistake at that light :cool:

Thumbs up ensued at the 3rd light.

No need to go to 100 MPH on city streets but gotta pep it up a bit to the speed limit at least.

4 boys went home and asked their parents about the Model 3. Great job! :D

I save speeding for the 133, sometimes portola parkway but Irvine blvd has to much traffic

Trust me, there was plenty of room to show that Camry up since they were both in front at a red light.

You don't want stories spreading about how much faster Camrys are compared to Tesla's. :)

I would say only a very minuscule percentage of the driving public has actually driven a Tesla even though it's easy peasy lemon squeezy to arrange for one at a Tesla store.

I shake my head every time I see a fletcher jones or crevier BMW, or mj/south coast Audi plate around here. No idea what they are missing out on.

Am I the only one who feels Tesla is so common in Irvine? We may not be too far away from Silicon Valley's number of Teslas.

Today alone I saw like 10 Teslas in traffic in short time.

In Irvine, I'll see so many Tesla's going my direction, in opposite directions and cross traffic that they are second only to Toyotas in density.

I drove all over San Jose and SF over Memorial day and was shocked at the lack of Tesla's I was expecting to see.

I guarantee they have more Tesla's on the road overall but maybe Orange County has the most per capita?

Any case most of the Tesla's around here seem to be driven by Miss Daisy's That peddle can be pushed more than a 1/16th of an inch ya know. ;)

Yesterday night in our way home from a dinner...some kids in a Dodge Challenger 'general lee' with the whole Orange 51 as loud as a rocket were trying to egg me on at a residential traffic light. It was hilarious having them rev their massive V8 guzzling beast and try to entice me to race. I was tempted and my endorphins started kicking in....except for my wife sitting staring at me with the 'look'. You know the one guys? The one that says 'give me a reason to regret making you the father of our children '

Conclusion: They took off and smoked their tires for 3-5 seconds while doing so and sped on to unholy speeds while I shook my head and decided this was one of those battles I chose not to fight and live another day lol.

Not 1.5-2 min later we passed by them waving as a police officer pulled them over!!

Was the sweetest Tesla WIN we ever had :) marriage intact and driving record safe. Love the wife!

Last edited:
Yesterday night in our way home from a dinner...some kids in a Dodge Challenger 'general lee' with the whole Orange 51 as loud as a rocket were trying to egg me on at a residential traffic light. It was hilarious having them rev their massive V8 guzzling beast and try to entice me to race. I was tempted and my endorphins started kicking in....except for my wife sitting staring at me with the 'look'. You know the one guys? The one that says 'give me a reason to regret making you the father of our children '

Conclusion: They took off and smoked their tires for 3-5 seconds while doing so and sped on to unholy speeds while I shook my head and decided this was one of those battles I chose not to fight and live another day lol.

Not 1.5-2 min later we passed by them waving as a police officer pulled them over!!

Was the sweetest Tesla WIN we ever had :) marriage intact and driving record safe. Love the wife!

Nice story but I don't need one minute to get up to 45mph which is the speed limit of the road.

Not advocating for one second anything risky or law breaking.

Besides, cops heard the engine and tires of the challenger from a mile away. Tesla makes no noise on the engine and the wheels.

Nice story but I don't need one minute to get up to 45mph which is the speed limit of the road.

Not advocating for one second anything risky or law breaking.

Besides, cops heard the engine and tires of the challenger from a mile away. Tesla makes no noise on the engine and the wheels.

Agreed. I personally have no issue accelerating hard to to the speed limit range for fun. These guys clearly took it to another level and ended up paying for it! Priceless :)