Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missed the update, how to re-trigger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a notification for a software update last night. However I needed to leave the house so opted not to install the update when it prompted me to.

Now when I go back to look for it the software not available for update any more. I was hoping it would give me the chance to reschedule it to a better time. How do we re-trigger the software update?

Same thing happened to me, I saw my notification on my phone about 2 hours after it initially alerted me. When I finally saw it and opened the app there was no update now. I went to the car and there was also no prompt. I believe they may have pulled the update. I expect a new version to be out soon to fix whatever may be broken in this version.

Reactions: Big Earl
2019.8.3 is rolling out to tons of people still right now. I thought if you killed the screen the first time the alarm clock notification stayed there indefinitely.

We did that this AM on our 3 and the pending update isn’t showing on the app any longer (it was there this morning). Have to see when my GF gets home and if it’s gone perhaps you wait for the next cycle? I wonder if a reboot does anything?

In the past I’d heard of people having the alarm clock there for weeks so it’s weird.

Well, I have an update but it keeps failing to start uploading and I get an error message. Tried turning off the power to the car and then doing a reboot with the scroll wheels and it still fails to load. Made sure I had a strong Wifi onnection too. Called the Tesla helpline and they weren’t much help. Must be a bug in my software sent out...oh well. I’ll wait till over the weekend before asking to get another software pushed to me.

Well, I have an update but it keeps failing to start uploading and I get an error message. Tried turning off the power to the car and then doing a reboot with the scroll wheels and it still fails to load. Made sure I had a strong Wifi onnection too. Called the Tesla helpline and they weren’t much help. Must be a bug in my software sent out...oh well. I’ll wait till over the weekend before asking to get another software pushed to me.
Once you have the firmware it’s all downloaded. WiFi doesn’t do anything at that point.

We had a bad install loading 2019.5.15 a few weeks ago and had to have Tesla remove the bad copy and restart it. They said it was something to do with the boot loader and there had been a few cases of it. What I did to get the car to wake up at the end so it could be rebooted was use the app to lock/unlock it. That connectivity was still there even when the car was more or less dead to the network. (This was our 3 so the phone app had a direct connection.)

Which car is this and what version are you expecting? Your 3 and 8.3 I assume?

I got the last update 2019.5.15 almost as soon as it was available but I have yet to get a notification about 8.3 and I'm on wifi every night and day so not sure what is holding it up now or if they're freezing the rollout and will push the next update if it's fixing things they found during the mass rollout.

Once you have the firmware it’s all downloaded. WiFi doesn’t do anything at that point.

We had a bad install loading 2019.5.15 a few weeks ago and had to have Tesla remove the bad copy and restart it. They said it was something to do with the boot loader and there had been a few cases of it. What I did to get the car to wake up at the end so it could be rebooted was use the app to lock/unlock it. That connectivity was still there even when the car was more or less dead to the network. (This was our 3 so the phone app had a direct connection.)

Which car is this and what version are you expecting? Your 3 and 8.3 I assume?

Yes, for my Model 3 and 8.3 will not start updating. I’ll send an email to my service center to see if they can resend me a new download.

You guys can't install it because Tesla pulled that update. No one can install it anymore. Must have found a bug in it.

I also had it vanish by early this morning after getting a notification overnight it was ready.

On the other hand hundreds of others kept getting it installed including today well after other folks had it vanish according to teslafi, so that's weird.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
I'm in a M3 with 8.5 for at least a month, and last night got notification there was an update ready. Kicked off the install from the app but never got notification it completed in the morning. Just had the alarm clock on front screen with SOFTWARE UPDATE displayed and underneath "scheduled for Tuesday 22:12." If I go in to that I get the kick off update yes/no screen, selecting Yes => "no update available." Did they pull the update after 8.5? Should I call and ask for a push?

I was on my phone in the house this morning, and on the Tesla app I thought I saw that an update was ready, but I didn't click it since I had to leave soon. But now I've looked all over the app and see no updates. I'm currently on 8.5 .

I'm in a M3 with 8.5 for at least a month, and last night got notification there was an update ready. Kicked off the install from the app but never got notification it completed in the morning. Just had the alarm clock on front screen with SOFTWARE UPDATE displayed and underneath "scheduled for Tuesday 22:12." If I go in to that I get the kick off update yes/no screen, selecting Yes => "no update available." Did they pull the update after 8.5? Should I call and ask for a push?
Same here.

Exact same issue. Let me know if anyone knows how to fix this.