Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missed updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

avfcbez

M3P MULTICOAT RED
Mar 4, 2022
uk
Hi All

just brought myself a model 3 performance 2019 today and wondered how the updates work, i have down loaded the latest release but i still don't have the blind spot cameras coming on when i signal. i believe this was part of the holiday download in December so have i missed it if so how do i activate.

regards

D

I have found that it may take up to six weeks after taking delivery before the updates start. Then they come in a timely fashion after that. I have no idea why this is but it seems to be the common experience with a new car. At least it was for me. It seems odd that it would hold true for a used purchase but who knows.

Be patient.

The OP bought a used car, so the previous comment doesn’t apply.

To increase chances if getting updates, on Controls > Software make sure software updates are set to Advanced, and park where you have both cellular and WiFi coverage. Note that a lot of people are complaining about changes in the V11 update, so if you don’t have that yet, read about it in the forum before deciding to update.

The blind spot camera feature needs to be enabled, so maybe you have it and didn’t turn it on yet. The setting is under Controls > Autopilot.