TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Missing a part?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by vetboy45, Mar 25, 2013.

1. vetboy45

vetboy45 Member

I was just trying to install my front license plate but noticed that I got 2 sets of rear license plate screws and the rear ones won't work in the front plate holder. There is no threading or the holes are too big. Is there a different type of screw for the front plate? Or maybe there is an insert that is supposed to be there?

2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

My front plate screws came with the holder and are black Torx screws. My rear plate screws were larger pan-heads. I'm a signature owner, though, and I think my front plate mount is different than yours (although the plate screws might be the same).

3. mrbry

mrbry Member

Just go to the local service center and they can install it for you and have extra screws. Or you can go and pick up the extra screws from them and install it yourself. You need a little drill to start a pilot hole through the nose cone though.