Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing a part?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just trying to install my front license plate but noticed that I got 2 sets of rear license plate screws and the rear ones won't work in the front plate holder. There is no threading or the holes are too big. Is there a different type of screw for the front plate? Or maybe there is an insert that is supposed to be there?

I was just trying to install my front license plate but noticed that I got 2 sets of rear license plate screws and the rear ones won't work in the front plate holder. There is no threading or the holes are too big. Is there a different type of screw for the front plate? Or maybe there is an insert that is supposed to be there?

My front plate screws came with the holder and are black Torx screws. My rear plate screws were larger pan-heads. I'm a signature owner, though, and I think my front plate mount is different than yours (although the plate screws might be the same).

Just go to the local service center and they can install it for you and have extra screws. Or you can go and pick up the extra screws from them and install it yourself. You need a little drill to start a pilot hole through the nose cone though.