TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Missing auto pilot feature on new delivery

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by dchou4u, Mar 30, 2018.

1. dchou4u

dchou4u Member

I took delivery of my Model 3 on Tuesday. Because I added auto pilot last minute (actually on the previous Friday), the paperwork didnt get pushed to the delivery department and the AP was not added to my car. They promised me that the AP will come over the air as an update, but so far no update. Has anyone had similar experience and how long did it take them to activate the AP over the air?

Thanks

2. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

Are you sure the car just hasn't calibrated for AutoPilot yet? It generally takes around 100 miles for the cameras to calibrate.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Do you have the switches for AP or not under Driver Assistance (I believe it is)? If you have them, then it's waiting for calibration as @Pkmmte mentioned, which can take varying miles. Mine took 30 miles (but it may depend on the types of roads, which were all highway in my case...).

4. dchou4u

dchou4u Member

The delivery person told me once AP is activated, I should see a Settings icon at the top right corner on the Autopilot menu. I am not seeing that at this time.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Hm, after three days, I'd call the support number (not the Service Center). They can look up your account and car, and see what's up. It's literally a software switch and takes seconds. If your account shows you have the option, all they need to do is enable it. Nothing needs to be 'downloaed' or anything.

6. dchou4u

dchou4u Member

ok, i will call them today. Thanks a lot!

• Like x 1
  7. dchou4u

dchou4u Member

Called customer service and the rep says the system does not show that I had purchased AP. Amazing!
    I asked him to follow up with the delivery person at their Vegas office. Pretty messed up.

• Informative x 1
  8. dhu1

dhu1 Member

same thing here...I called Tesla support yesterday and they said they are turning on the AP which would take 3 days. So will update by Friday to let you know if it was turned on.

9. Asad1087

Asad1087 Member

Good Luck!