Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing auto pilot feature on new delivery

dchou4u

Mar 15, 2018
irvine,ca
I took delivery of my Model 3 on Tuesday. Because I added auto pilot last minute (actually on the previous Friday), the paperwork didnt get pushed to the delivery department and the AP was not added to my car. They promised me that the AP will come over the air as an update, but so far no update. Has anyone had similar experience and how long did it take them to activate the AP over the air?

Thanks

boaterva

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
Do you have the switches for AP or not under Driver Assistance (I believe it is)? If you have them, then it's waiting for calibration as @Pkmmte mentioned, which can take varying miles. Mine took 30 miles (but it may depend on the types of roads, which were all highway in my case...).

dchou4u

Mar 15, 2018
irvine,ca
The delivery person told me once AP is activated, I should see a Settings icon at the top right corner on the Autopilot menu. I am not seeing that at this time.

boaterva

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
Hm, after three days, I'd call the support number (not the Service Center). They can look up your account and car, and see what's up. It's literally a software switch and takes seconds. If your account shows you have the option, all they need to do is enable it. Nothing needs to be 'downloaed' or anything.

dchou4u

Mar 15, 2018
irvine,ca
Called customer service and the rep says the system does not show that I had purchased AP. Amazing!
I asked him to follow up with the delivery person at their Vegas office. Pretty messed up.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva

dhu1

Mar 9, 2017
Berkeley
same thing here...I called Tesla support yesterday and they said they are turning on the AP which would take 3 days. So will update by Friday to let you know if it was turned on.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC