Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing battery sticker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was replacing my headlight bulbs this weekend, and while I had the passenger front wheel off, I decided to check out my battery sticker just to get some more info about the car. To my surprise, it's not there. I could not find any sticker at the usual spot, or even near it. I bought the car in October 2019 with almost 48k on it, and the range at 100% was remarkable: 251 miles at 100% - just 2 miles off the original range of 253.

It has since dropped to about 244 in the past 16 months and 16k miles. Still pretty good according to TeslaFi, but fast degradation for a battery that is approaching its 6th birthday next month. I'm thinking the pack was replaced before I bought it. Other theories (or places to look for the sticker?)

I didn't see anything using SMT.

If the discharge/charge cycles are reset when the battery is replaced, I'd say this pack is original. My car has 64,647 miles on it and the pack has gone through 348 discharge cycles. If they don't reset the counter, I'd say it's still anyone's guess.

I didn't see anything using SMT.

If the discharge/charge cycles are reset when the battery is replaced, I'd say this pack is original. My car has 64,647 miles on it and the pack has gone through 348 discharge cycles. If they don't reset the counter, I'd say it's still anyone's guess.
I am pretty sure mobile can read pack info with Toolbox.

If you have a need for service, I'll bet they will take a look see if you ask.

Mobile service came by today to take a look at the navigation/music volume so I asked about the HV battery. Their toolbox would not tell them the revision or history, but he did say the battery looked remarkably clean for a car that's 6 years old with 65k on the clock. He guessed it had been replaced at some point during its life which would explain the higher than average range for its age and the condition of the shield.

I had the car at the SC this week for a door handle this week and all they would tell me is that it was a "P85D."
Tesla absolutely has records of all work they have done on your car.

You are under the Tesla used warranty I assume. Having a missing label is a defect and it should be fixed.

The EPC shows the label as being part of the pack, so it is covered under the power train warranty as well.