TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Missing Clock and Temperature

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Chrigel, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Chrigel

Chrigel Member

I like the new look of V7 but since I use the trip module on the right and the music display on the left, I really miss the clock and the temperature on the main dashboard.

I know it is visible on the big console display but I am so used to see it when I look straight ahead.

Please Tesla, add it to the bottom of the Trip module. There is plenty room for it and it won't look too crowded. Thank you so much.

Who else is missing it?

2. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

Not me. I have refused the "upgrade"!!

3. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

I have the clock on the left side of the speedo and the new Trip screen on the right and I use the main screen for my Music info. While I'm not over the moon on the graphics yet, I do love the functionality of both new Apps.

4. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Quote of the week! Funny how all those people got tricked into upgrading to Autopilot. You are pretty clever not falling for it.

5. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

I am fortunate in that my car is pre-AP so the 7.0 really has nothing for me other than a toy car with brake lights. Am going to stick with 6 as long as I can. Hopefully 7.1 will return the features lost in 7.0.

6. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Don't really miss it. I might have been used to it on the main display, but the clock has been in a different position in every car I've owned, and usually somewhere in the center, so it took me a day to get used to looking at it in the center display (actually for some reason the clock I was already used to looking at in the center display, it's the temperature that took me a day to readjust).

7. cwave1

cwave1 Member

I agree - I miss it as well. While I like the new clock, that position needs to be used for other views like music and nav so I can't count on it being there.

So far, I find myself "hunting" for the time as it is not consistently in a place that is natural to look.

8. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

Why do you need music on the side? If you are playing music don't you already have the music app on the main screen?

9. BHUtopia

BHUtopia Member

#9 BHUtopia, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Updated the other day and did not get the Clock or the Trip App? Am I missing how to engage these? They don't show up in my App window either. BTW I liked the clock and temp in the driving display since in many light conditions, I can't read it on the console.

10. cwave1

cwave1 Member

I guess it is about trying to keep looking forward so if what you regularly like to reference can be placed on the front dashboard, you can be more attentive to the road. The nav also takes over this spot or you need to sacrifice the other side to display both. Now I find I'm looking around the large screen at times trying to find the time or temperature when it only needs a few pixels at the bottom of the already very empty front dashboard.

Tesla - please put this back.

11. BHUtopia

BHUtopia Member

So how did you do that? I can't find the apps after the download. My car is older (2.5 years) but I can't imagine that makes a difference.

12. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

I am refusing until enough information is available as to whether this is an upgrade or not. Owner's Manual and/or Release Notes please.

13. dandelot

dandelot Member

The clock does not show month year day and dayname. I loved that with version six so when I make a note in the log book I keep I can
    print the right date in the logbook.

Is there a way to get clock to show Wednesday, October 28, 2015 (for example) again? I cannot find one.

14. jswanner

jswanner Member

I also miss the date being displayed in the instrument screen.

15. jlucero

jlucero Member

also miss the date display