TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Missing cover after service?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by gmhammes, Sep 27, 2019.

1. gmhammes

gmhammes Member

Looking for the forums help in determining if in fact my car is missing a cover after service.
    I won’t bore you all with details but my steering column module was replaced along with some components in the steering column.
    After I picked up the car I clearly can see the gap below the steering column (pic attached). I could have sworn there was a vinyl piece that went there. I also noticed plastic rivot remnants on the floor. The service center says my model year didn’t have a cover there.
    I want to believe them as they have been very helpful but I really thought a cover was there.
    it’s a model s late 2014(ap1)
    upload_2019-9-27_9-37-45.jpeg
    thoughts?

2. Lukez

Lukez Member

Ya my 2013 has a flexible rubber piece between those two parts. I would say they missed something.
    I've had my car given back to me without a plastic shield being put back on on the rear underside of the car. When I brought it back they installed the shield and missed putting another piece back on so these seems common and their service procedure sucks for keeping track of components.

3. gmhammes

gmhammes Member

Good to know. I didn’t believe I wouldn’t have noticed that gap before. Got any pics of yours?

4. philip295

philip295 Member

#4 philip295, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    15696525883681933597255565694280.jpg Here is mine, RH drive UK model s 85 2014.

5. gmhammes

gmhammes Member

Ok. Yep. That’s what I remember.
    Thank you.
    Kind of disappointed service told me my car didn’t have that.
    I’ll teach back out to them.