Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing cover after service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for the forums help in determining if in fact my car is missing a cover after service.
I won’t bore you all with details but my steering column module was replaced along with some components in the steering column.
After I picked up the car I clearly can see the gap below the steering column (pic attached). I could have sworn there was a vinyl piece that went there. I also noticed plastic rivot remnants on the floor. The service center says my model year didn’t have a cover there.
I want to believe them as they have been very helpful but I really thought a cover was there.
it’s a model s late 2014(ap1)
upload_2019-9-27_9-37-45.jpeg

thoughts?

Ya my 2013 has a flexible rubber piece between those two parts. I would say they missed something.
I've had my car given back to me without a plastic shield being put back on on the rear underside of the car. When I brought it back they installed the shield and missed putting another piece back on so these seems common and their service procedure sucks for keeping track of components.