Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing EAP - "Included" with Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker, first time poster. Just picked up my Model 3 LR with Dual motor today. When I went through the order process it showed Autopilot was included and I could pay $5k for FSD. I could not even order the LR dual motor without AP, that section said it was included and no box to check or uncheck, step 4 in the order flow.

Tonight while driving the car I realize I do not have autopilot, and in my account it wants me to pay $3k for it. Anyone else experience this in a recent delivery? Hoping this is a simple fix, as this would be a dealbreaker for sure.

The prices were only recently adjusted to include AP in the base price. Is it possible that you purchased the car prior to the pricing adjustment when AP was not included?
Just ordered last week at a Tesla location with an advisor and it being included was specifically covered. The only option I had was to order FSD in the autopilot section and at the very top was a paragraph of it being included and what it does. Advisor matched me to a car and also confirmed car has HW3 and was built in April.

During my shopping autopilot was included, not sure when that change took place.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just picked up my Model 3 LR with Dual motor today. When I went through the order process it showed Autopilot was included and I could pay $5k for FSD. I could not even order the LR dual motor without AP, that section said it was included and no box to check or uncheck, step 4 in the order flow.

Tonight while driving the car I realize I do not have autopilot, and in my account it wants me to pay $3k for it. Anyone else experience this in a recent delivery? Hoping this is a simple fix, as this would be a dealbreaker for sure.

I don't buy that, I am sorry. And if it has indeed occurred, they will fix it for you within just a few hours.

When did you place the order? Prior to second week of April 2019, the Model 3 could be ordered without Autopilot ($3000 for autopilot AND $5000 full self driving packages were optional add-on at the time of purchase). The Long Range AWD with premium interior, without any of these options, was $47,500 as far as I remember - but I could be off with this $47,500 dollar amount. I know for a fact that Standard Range Plus RWD with Partial Premium was $37,500 without any packages.

In the second week of April 2019, they revised the pricing options and all trims now come with basic autopilot (traffic aware cruise-control, automatic steer in the lane when the car is in motion, and automatic lane change execution when driver turns the lane change indicator on). All other functionality has been moved to the Full Self-Driving package.

If you placed your order (I am not talking about when you picked up the car) before the second week of April, your motor vehicle purchase agreement should clearly state $3000 paid toward the autopilot package. If it does, they will enable it for you right away. If it does not, you did not buy that package.

If you placed your order after the second week of April 2019 then your vehicle price is $49,500 and it will come built in with autopilot.

I ordered the car May 3rd, so hopefully they correct it with no issue. My car was 51k with white paint, 18 inch wheels and black interior.

Here is what I have in my Tesla account:
Screenshot_20190510-075904_Chrome.jpg

Here is what I have in my Tesla account:
View attachment 406122

That isn't the thing you need to check. You need to check what you actually agreed to by viewing the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement. Go to your tesla account, view your car, then click the View Details button. The MVPA is a link on the right side. It spells out your exact order and the cost of each option.

• Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Based on the $51K purchase price the car definitely has AP included. As @Moze1021 suggested, the car was likely configured right before the switch to having AP being included so while the price Tesla charged was based on it having AP, the software build was configured prior to the change. A call to Tesla should enable them to fix it fairly quickly.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Chatted with Tesla support, yikes. They have escalated the issue and do not know when it will be fixed. I asked for them to send me an email confirming that they will add Autopilot. The rep would not send me an email with the confirmation, just said I would get an email when it was fixed, but again no idea when.

Hoping they figure it out quickly, I do not want to come up to the seven day return period and this is still missing. A bit shocked they would not simply email me saying, yes we will get this corrected.

Chatted with Tesla support, yikes. They have escalated the issue and do not know when it will be fixed. I asked for them to send me an email confirming that they will add Autopilot. The rep would not send me an email with the confirmation, just said I would get an email when it was fixed, but again no idea when.

Hoping they figure it out quickly, I do not want to come up to the seven day return period and this is still missing. A bit shocked they would not simply email me saying, yes we will get this corrected.
MVPA or this is fake.

For example, when I ordered my car last June, I added EAP before delivery, but the car wasn't configured for EAP when I picked it up in July.

Called Tesla, had them review my order to ensure that I'd paid for EAP, and then they scheduled a software push to ensure I got it, which took a few days.

You have AP, not EAP, but the underlying principal is the same. First you have to make sure that Tesla's order document shows you paid for AP. Once Tesla confirm that they know you paid for it, get them to push the fix.

As other people have said, the proof is in the MVPA. If your MVPA doesn't show you paid for AP or that its included in the price, you've got a very different problem.
However, since Tesla last adjusted their prices, AP has been a mandatory "option", so that's unlikely unless you have a car that was built a couple of months ago.

Taking delivery tomorrow myself.

In my Tesla account I do not see the MVPA, probably normal right ?, but only the order agreement which reflects my original built and price, which I changed afterwards.

I've taken a bunch of screen capture that shows that AP is included in my build, and it is one thing I will check with the DA for sure tomorrow, now that I've read your story.

Taking delivery tomorrow myself.

In my Tesla account I do not see the MVPA, probably normal right ?, but only the order agreement which reflects my original built and price, which I changed afterwards.

I've taken a bunch of screen capture that shows that AP is included in my build, and it is one thing I will check with the DA for sure tomorrow, now that I've read your story.
Do you have a VIN yet?
Doesn't your bank want to see the MVPA before they send the money to Tesla? Seems critical.
Though Tesla do tend to cut things really close.......

I believe my actual MVPA didn't show up in my account until after I took delivery. Not sure if that's typical though?

@adebo I think all the facts are on your side and AP should be on your car. That order date and that price is exactly what someone would pay today if they configure the exact same car. Tesla will fix it, but keep on them until they do.