Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing EAP - "Included" with Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MVPA attached. It does not say Autopilot, but please notice my order date of 5/3/19. As I've said multiple times in step 4 of the order process it was there and not even removable.
View attachment 406215

Just needed to confirm that we aren’t chasing a cloud. You made your point. You should have AP. Call Tesla and file a case and get the case number if you have t already. Please stop chatting with them online as it will not go anywhere. Talk to YOUR store and YOUR delivery manager. Not including stuff you paid for is fraud. If they do not give you the case number, return the car right away. Many Tesla shops have been very good to deal with such issues but there are also some that aren’t.

Store recently called me back, they have not seen this before and confirmed the car does come with AP. They were very apologetic and reassured me it will be taken care of. Car appears to be updating now, took a picture of the screen. Hopefully in the clear and this situation appears to be an anomaly.
20190510_140256.jpg

Store recently called me back, they have not seen this before and confirmed the car does come with AP. They were very apologetic and reassured me it will be taken care of. Car appears to be updating now, took a picture of the screen. Hopefully in the clear and this situation appears to be an anomaly.
View attachment 406271

I don’t think this is right but please make sure it doesn’t say AP trial. What is installing is a full self driving package TRIAL. Once FSD trial expires, you should still have AP active permanently. So weird.

You do not have autopilot listed on your purchase agreement. My screens clearly list Autopilot with no charge and FSD with the charged upgrade price.

View attachment 406276

That’s precisely the issue. The poster has paid for Autopilot feature automatically because he/ she gave them $49,500 for LR AWD. It doesn’t even need to list Autopilot separately because it comes bundled after April 10, 2019. It’s a glitch most likely. I’m afraid that instead of fixing that glitch, Tesla is giving him/her a trial of FSD?!

That’s precisely the issue. The poster has paid for Autopilot feature automatically because he/ she gave them $49,500 for LR AWD. It doesn’t even need to list Autopilot separately because it comes bundled after April 10, 2019. It’s a glitch most likely. I’m afraid that instead of fixing that glitch, Tesla is giving him/her a trial of FSD?!
Gotcha, yeah I see now the other responses. I ordered May 1st. Odd that it wasn't there though.

Had to do a soft reset because the same trial update was on the screen for hours. Screen rebooted on its own after the soft reset and I am now seeing AP functionality and used it on the way home tonight. Is there any way to determine if this is just the trial or if this is a permanent fix?

Had to do a soft reset because the same trial update was on the screen for hours. Screen rebooted on its own after the soft reset and I am now seeing AP functionality and used it on the way home tonight. Is there any way to determine if this is just the trial or if this is a permanent fix?

Go to the Autopilot screen on the display. If it says trial you’re on a trial. If it doesn’t then you have AP permanently installed.

You need to get on the phone HQ or support. I went thru this and just finished resolving the issue yesterday for the most part. It is a issue with inventory cars. Now talking to someone at Tesla about is difficult because so many people are super clueless about what’s going on. Kinda don’t blame them because it changes a lot. But make sure it is applied before your RETURN period ends. After finally getting pretty high up in the chain my local SC was getting chewed out by HQ about why it wasn’t done when delivery happened. Tesla reasoning was, if the car comes off the line and is not VIN matched right away then, it’s a inventory car. All of the inventory cars are listed as AUTOPILOT inactive. Now if you custom order like you have and happens to get VIN match autopilot will show on your account as a line item and the product key( firmware NOT software) will be unlocked and things will work as normal. What you need to know: April 11, 2019 is the date that press release was done and issues and it’s on Tesla website. Any car order on and or AFTER this gets standard autopilot for free. It was a nightmare to go thru and my SC never got back to me about until yesterday when HQ had me on the phone and conference then in. I have never heard so many apologies in life. However you need to hound them. Because when I did a chat or support help thru the website, on Friday 5/10/19 I got a response yesterday saying my car was configured before the date. And she didn’t know the date. Funny thing was support had already fixed the issue by this point. So please know your dates, know what is owed to you, and make sure it is delivery to BEFORE the return period is over. I made it 1000% clear I will return this car in a blink of an eye if this isn’t fixed. It took myself, and my better half a lot work( which they should have been doing not us) to get this fixed. Also make sure your supercharger miles are correct. I wasn’t to hung up on that because having charging at home but it’s just the principle of it. I was one of if not the first to bring this up on here. I knew this was going to happened to more and a lot more people are going to be in for a surprise. However they will fix just going to take some yelling and forcing. If anyone else has this issues. Please “REACH OUT” to me and I may be able to guide you more. Hopefully someone caught what I did there.

Also, when they do actually activate it. If you have just standard AP, you should NOT SEE anything for summon, NoAP, lane changing. You should only see cruise follow and auto steer. If you see anything else that means YOU are on a trail and they need to actually activate autopilot. After that trial they will want you to buy it.

They updated mine without any hassle, I chatted online and emailed my delivery center. My update showed the trial download but my autopilot screen does not mention trial and is just normal AP and does not have summon, etc.

Loving the car, cannot believe i waited so long to pull the trigger. Also pretty amazing they could correct an issue over the air.

They updated mine without any hassle, I chatted online and emailed my delivery center. My update showed the trial download but my autopilot screen does not mention trial and is just normal AP and does not have summon, etc.

Loving the car, cannot believe i waited so long to pull the trigger. Also pretty amazing they could correct an issue over the air.
Great they got it fixed. Now call support and ask them to check you VIN for autopilot. Because if you log in to your Tesla account and click autopilot upgrades it probably will tell you to pay 3k for it which is wrong. Just make sure it’s actually hooked to your configuration.