Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing ECU/Charge Port Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Misery does love company.

Not sure how long the car has been sitting in the lot, but it was in transit a month ago. Insurance is already paid for, and car payments start in 1 week. Meanwhile I'm still spending $100 per week on gas. This really sucks but what choice do we have? It's not like I can go out and buy another EV tomorrow from somewhere else. The car is worth more now than what we are paying for it, no point in cancelling.

Reactions: Teleezen and NNM3
Your car has been at the delivery center in Florida since Mid March ??

Please share your order info with dates etc
2/12 OD

MSM M3P no FSD white interior.

Got vin mid March. And delivery window was shrunk to 3 days mid March.

Car must have arrived in Tampa then and they realized it was missing the Charge Port ECU.

Been waiting since. Talked to customer service multiple times with no help. Called the local SC and they said they didn't get enough from Tesla to fulfill their backlog.

Copying over my post from Reddit:

So I called Tesla today and was a bit more aggressive with my disappointment in the situation and basically the agent told me to go screw myself in the nicest way possible. Basically he said I can either unassign the VIN and wait for another (which I would do if I hadn't already funded a loan for my current VIN) or wait indefinitely for the part to come. When I pushed about the lack of communication - he basically said nobody knows when the parts are coming so that's why there no is communication.

I find it funny seeing ECU missing vehicles getting the part installed and delivered ASAP after the original owner rejects the VIN.

Another reason not to unassign now personally is who knows what's going to happen in the future. They're already have the same shortages with matrix headlights again so it's only a matter of time before they're short on the charge port ECUs and vehicles are again in the same situation.

This is what I got back today:

Tesla Update: Hi XXXXX, your vehicle is not ready for delivery yet and we have moved your appointment tentatively to next Friday, 6/3. We will update you if your vehicle is ready sooner, sorry for the inconvenience.

Been waiting with a VIN for exactly 1 month today. It is basically a take it or leave it approach from Tesla at the moment.....the bad side of monopoly

Reactions: Teleezen
Called today and they said “end of month” is when I’m supposed to get the charge port ECU installed. We’ll see what that turns out being…
Last week when I called and asked if I would receive my vehicle by the end of the month the agent basically said yes. So now every time I call each agent will refer back to that one agent saying yes to the end of the month and basically ask why I keep calling if we told you end of the month. But to me I feel like she just said yes to say yes since I'm the one who asked if I would get it by the end of the month to get me to stop asking for a few weeks.

Reactions: Teleezen
Last week when I called and asked if I would receive my vehicle by the end of the month the agent basically said yes. So now every time I call each agent will refer back to that one agent saying yes to the end of the month and basically ask why I keep calling if we told you end of the month. But to me I feel like she just said yes to say yes since I'm the one who asked if I would get it by the end of the month to get me to stop asking for a few weeks.
You're not crazy...I get the overall same vibe when i call. They say, we see your past calls notes, and they said it will be there at the end of the month...they just keep referring back to that.

I just saw a post on Reddit where the SA basically said the part is going take 2-3 weeks to come in. I don’t know much information about the location and VIN but that’s not good a sign for us.
I was told yesterday that it shall be another 1-2 weeks for the bulk shipment to arrive in Miami. Definitely not good, considering that most of us have been waiting with a VIN for a month already.

* Cross posting on the LR Waiting Room as well *

FL folks waiting on the charge ports - SA confirmed yesterday that the WPB location is receiving more cars from Fremont and running out of space to put them due to the charge port hold cars taking up all the space. They said that our affected cars have to go, as its making it an inventory nightmare trying to navigate all of this....with that said, he mentioned that charge port ECUs should be arriving today or tomorrow and installed as fast as they can.

Take all that with a grain of salt but this morsel of information is better than anything i've gotten in the last 2 weeks.

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and apologize in advance if I'm duplicating an existing thread. I'm wondering if my experience is unique. I've had a VIN since early May. Estimated delivery has been pushed forward daily as Tesla is waiting for a missing chip essential to charging. It's currently set for May 27 - June 1 The sales reps have been cordial and professional. My car has long since been delivered to Tesla in Tampa. I'm wondering of anyone else nearby is having or had this issue and if deliveries have in fact been made. Thanks for listening.