Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing ECU/Charge Port Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah it's just that somebody wrote it could be charged at a super charger, as you can see I can't find accurate data on what the car is missing vwhatvit does etc and potential damage and solutions. I do know manual says if car is left uncharged and the resulting damage is at the owners expense.

Hi, new here. Ordered M3LR on March1st. Confirmed delivery scheduled for June 3rd. To put it mildly I was eager to rush over to hand over the Credit Union check yesterday, until my friend cussed me up one side and down the other. "Don't you *** dare pay them until you inspect the car." Just read about this issue today on this forum - looks like I may owe her a steak dinner and a few beers... Thanks all for the heads up!

Reactions: tm1v2 and IWRBR
Well well well

SmartSelect_20220528-113058_Tesla.jpg

Finally bro! Congratulations! I feel some service centers are better at communication than mine. I've never been able to contact mine directly on the phone. Whenever I call the regional line they say they'll reach out to the service center and have someone call from me there but in the last 4 weeks I haven't heard anything from them. Hoping for some good news before the end of the month.

Reactions: Young Phenom
Finally bro! Congratulations! I feel some service centers are better at communication than mine. I've never been able to contact mine directly on the phone. Whenever I call the regional line they say they'll reach out to the service center and have someone call from me there but in the last 4 weeks I haven't heard anything from them. Hoping for some good news before the end of the month.
Thanks! Not real yet til I pick it up.

Yeah Tesla communication is purposely terrible unfortunately.

I called again yesterday and they said that my car was scheduled for the charge port ECU to be installed by yesterday...still no update after that but i do think that they are moving forward with getting these cars knocked out. Fingers crossed and @Young Phenom I'm pumped you have your delivery set!!! I'm secretly hoping mine is coming soon so i can install my H&R lowering springs, spacers, etc. before going into work Tuesday.

Great discussion. Yesterday, 27 May, our EDD went from June 4-18 to November 2022 - February 2023 until this morning when I checked and it says May 31 - June 4 and I got a text telling me my VIN has been assigned. I texted back if my VIN has the charge port ECU. No response yet.
SC responded and said my vehicle has no holds. Looks like I might get my car next week.

Reactions: Teleezen and NNM3
I called again yesterday and they said that my car was scheduled for the charge port ECU to be installed by yesterday...still no update after that but i do think that they are moving forward with getting these cars knocked out. Fingers crossed and @Young Phenom I'm pumped you have your delivery set!!! I'm secretly hoping mine is coming soon so i can install my H&R lowering springs, spacers, etc. before going into work Tuesday.
Hopefully yours comes soon. The longer this goes on is not good for anyone.

Hopefully yours comes soon. The longer this goes on is not good for anyone.
Thanks for giving some much needed hope to this member of the Effed in Florida club!!!

That car looks a lot like the one that's been waiting for me in Orlando for three weeks. Hope it's not too much longer...

This ECU delay ruined a trip to see family in the UK for me, because I can't leave the US in case the car suddenly becomes ready for collection. And I've been relying on rental cars for four months. What a pain this has all been.

Hey Fam... I'm new to the forum and new to Tesla cars (Already a solar customer). I stumbled across this blog now that I am waiting on my M3P. Ordered 3/26, VIN assigned 5/21. It's at the SC and I received an email 5/28 asking for approval on a $0 invoice for the charge port ECU work. I've been so excited waiting to schedule the delivery date that I hadn't even been following this issue. My silly brain thought that once it left the Tesla factory, it was complete!

Like others, I financed through my credit union and so now, Tesla has all the money for the car and I will soon be preparing for the first payment on the loan for a vehicle I don't yet have. I even paid my first month's insurance on the off chance Tesla called me over the long holiday weekend. Needless to say, I'm fixing that as soon as the office opens tomorrow.

Now that I see the stories here, I'm curious what the invoice even means. I haven't seen it in any of the comments but has anyone received / approved the invoice like me? How long have you been waiting since the invoice? Does the invoice mean they have the part or does it mean absolutely nothing and I need to prepare for the wait?

Thanks for the discussion. This is awesome to know I'm not alone.