Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Energy Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went along with a buddy to pick up his Model S LR at the Bloomington IL, and since I’ve owned a Model Y since July 2020 I was going to be his eyes. First his S was delivered without ANY DEFECTS OR QC issues we could find.

Us927Qv.jpg

I have a PMY on order and if it’s as clean as his S I will be a happy camper. I couldn’t find a single QC issue. The LR S is stunning. Was surprised that many of the exact same features as the 3/Y were in different locations and took some time to find. Odd Tesla did that.

So I rode the 150 miles back home as co-pilot helping set up the car and explain various features so as he settled down on the interstate on AP I figured it was a good time to show him the Energy Screen. To my surprise I couldn’t find it.

Is this because he’s not on the current SW? I told him I’d get him an answer.

Last edited:
Best I can find is the TRIP selection on the main menu to show my energy used per mile, etc. To see SOC at destination, while an active destination is in use, it will show estimated SOC, if you scroll down to destination on the navigation screen.

Trip information displays on the touchscreen when you touch Controls > Trips. For the current trip, you can display distance, duration and average energy usage. You can also show distance and total and average energy used since your last charge and for additional trips.

(2021 MSP)

(2021 MSP) Drive from San Diego over Rte 74 mountains and descent to Sea Level in Palm Springs, then local drive and park with A/C on while shopping 113F. I just used Voice command "Open Energy".

( I am on 2022.12.3.20 FSD Beta, but there are reports that 2022.20.7 removed it?)

ENERGY.jpg

I did a trip to NM, over 800 miles, a few weeks ago and had just discovered the "Open Energy" command "trick" and was able to narrow down the best speed(s)/conditions for battery life. Then, I tried to bring up the Energy screen the other day and discovered it was GONE!!! I just wonder WTH are the Tesla engineers thinking? In what way, shape or form is this right that, without input or request, they randomly adjust/modify/remove technology that we are using and paying for? I love the car but I am completely fed up with the "people" at Tesla and the complete failure as a company to communicate with their customers!!

I did a trip to NM, over 800 miles, a few weeks ago and had just discovered the "Open Energy" command "trick" and was able to narrow down the best speed(s)/conditions for battery life. Then, I tried to bring up the Energy screen the other day and discovered it was GONE!!! I just wonder WTH are the Tesla engineers thinking? In what way, shape or form is this right that, without input or request, they randomly adjust/modify/remove technology that we are using and paying for? I love the car but I am completely fed up with the "people" at Tesla and the complete failure as a company to communicate with their customers!!
I recently attended a "get to know your Tesla" webinar. I asked about the Energy screen. They said the engineers are working on it.

Reactions: DWtsn
You can get to the energy screen (although it's not well integrated into the UI) by using the voice controls.. I think you say "show energy" and you can get the old energy screen.

I do not have SIM coverage for some reason in one of the countries I’m passing through in Europe and so I am missing that’s green and have no other way of getting there… There has to be another way, right?

I thought there was a way before…