Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what advice do you have for me? We've got a 2018 MX with both of the auto drive options when we bought it. I'm missing the dashcam and now Netflix and Spotify. Tesla doesn't know why, the shop and techs don't know why. Basically no one knows and they have no answer or solution. Frustrating to say the least. Anyone else dealing with this and what did you do?

Car built second quarter 2018. I don't know off hand what the MCU and AP are. I'm on 2019.32.12.3 1b89dd1

USB is SanDisk 64GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - SDCZ430-064G-G46

Followed YouTube video from Tesla on formatting it. It records Sentry Mode just fine. Not even an option on the screen for the dashcam.

You've been able to take the drive to the computer and review the Sentry videos, and they play normally, but you aren't getting the camera icon at the top of the center screen, with or without the red dot?

That is weird. Does Autopilot work normally? do you have the lane lines and cars around you on the driver's panel?

A second quarter 2018 car should be MCU2 and AP2.5 - current for computing hardware and sensors except for the new FSD computer module.

You've been able to take the drive to the computer and review the Sentry videos, and they play normally, but you aren't getting the camera icon at the top of the center screen, with or without the red dot? Yes.

That is weird. Does Autopilot work normally? do you have the lane lines and cars around you on the driver's panel? Yes.

A second quarter 2018 car should be MCU2 and AP2.5 - current for computing hardware and sensors except for the new FSD computer module. Lol, that's what I think. Tesla can't fix it and has zero suggestions. My voice control doesn't work either and they haven't been able to fix that.

You've been able to take the drive to the computer and review the Sentry videos, and they play normally, but you aren't getting the camera icon at the top of the center screen, with or without the red dot? Yes.

That is weird. Does Autopilot work normally? do you have the lane lines and cars around you on the driver's panel? Yes.

A second quarter 2018 car should be MCU2 and AP2.5 - current for computing hardware and sensors except for the new FSD computer module. Lol, that's what I think. Tesla can't fix it and has zero suggestions. My voice control doesn't work either and they haven't been able to fix that.

I have no answers for you. Usually this is the point where I say talk to Tesla Service. :-/

Are there any other root level folders on your USB drive? Anything else plugged in to the front USB ports? I assume you've tried a hard reboot with no effect...

Last edited: