Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Features

Canucken275

Sep 10, 2018
Portland OR
So what advice do you have for me? We've got a 2018 MX with both of the auto drive options when we bought it. I'm missing the dashcam and now Netflix and Spotify. Tesla doesn't know why, the shop and techs don't know why. Basically no one knows and they have no answer or solution. Frustrating to say the least. Anyone else dealing with this and what did you do?

Saghost

Oct 9, 2013
Delaware
When was the car built? Do you know the MCU and AP versions you have?

What USB drive are you trying to use for the DashCam? How did you format it?

Saghost

Oct 9, 2013
Delaware
Car built second quarter 2018. I don't know off hand what the MCU and AP are. I'm on 2019.32.12.3 1b89dd1

USB is SanDisk 64GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - SDCZ430-064G-G46

Followed YouTube video from Tesla on formatting it. It records Sentry Mode just fine. Not even an option on the screen for the dashcam.

You've been able to take the drive to the computer and review the Sentry videos, and they play normally, but you aren't getting the camera icon at the top of the center screen, with or without the red dot?

That is weird. Does Autopilot work normally? do you have the lane lines and cars around you on the driver's panel?

A second quarter 2018 car should be MCU2 and AP2.5 - current for computing hardware and sensors except for the new FSD computer module.

Canucken275

Sep 10, 2018
Portland OR
You've been able to take the drive to the computer and review the Sentry videos, and they play normally, but you aren't getting the camera icon at the top of the center screen, with or without the red dot? Yes.

That is weird. Does Autopilot work normally? do you have the lane lines and cars around you on the driver's panel? Yes.

A second quarter 2018 car should be MCU2 and AP2.5 - current for computing hardware and sensors except for the new FSD computer module. Lol, that's what I think. Tesla can't fix it and has zero suggestions. My voice control doesn't work either and they haven't been able to fix that.

Saghost

Oct 9, 2013
Delaware
You've been able to take the drive to the computer and review the Sentry videos, and they play normally, but you aren't getting the camera icon at the top of the center screen, with or without the red dot? Yes.

That is weird. Does Autopilot work normally? do you have the lane lines and cars around you on the driver's panel? Yes.

A second quarter 2018 car should be MCU2 and AP2.5 - current for computing hardware and sensors except for the new FSD computer module. Lol, that's what I think. Tesla can't fix it and has zero suggestions. My voice control doesn't work either and they haven't been able to fix that.

I have no answers for you. Usually this is the point where I say talk to Tesla Service. :-/

Are there any other root level folders on your USB drive? Anything else plugged in to the front USB ports? I assume you've tried a hard reboot with no effect...

Last edited:

Canucken275

Sep 10, 2018
Portland OR
I have no answers for you. Usually tis is the point where I say talk to Tesla Service. :-/

Are there any other root level folders on your USB drive? Anything else plugged in to the front USB ports? I assume you've tried a hard reboot with no effect...

Yes to all the above. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Cheers.

Canucken275

Sep 10, 2018
Portland OR
Incomplete software download for missing programs?

Have you gone through several firmwares already? Tesla might need to build you a new pack and push the update.
Several. Had another one last week that just seemed to be for bug fixes as there was nothing new in the release notes from the previous update. I'll ask about this. Thanks.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC