Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Games / Latest SW Version

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla Fam,

I'm coming from a 2018 Model X 100D with the latest software updates, and (I realize this is kind of trivial given other issues on the forum) I don't see certain games on my 2021 Model Y Performance which I am taking as an indication that the latest software for the higher-up models is different or further along.

On our X we have Polytopia for example - the software version on our 2021 Ys (we actually bought two Model Ys at the same time, both are 158xxx VINs - a Performance and an LR) neither has the two more recent games and the versions are 2020.47.104 which, according to Tesla, are on the latest version (just had a canceled service appointment with that note).

Since we're long-time, existing Tesla owners, we understand how software updates work - we're on home wifi and Advanced is set in terms of update frequency. I'm fine with not having the actual games - I don't play them - but everything else is the latest and greatest on the car so this is me being nit-picky. We have every 2021 item that's been posted on the forums: double-pane glass, heated wheel, metal steering wheel switches/rollers, new center console with stitched finish, even the matrix LED headlights, so I'm definitely not complaining. We love this car. Just wondering if current Model Y owners are on a newer software version as I think all Model Ys currently being delivered at end-of-quarter are on 47.104.

My software was on that same version when I picked up 2 weeks ago. I've seen posts that it can take a couple of weeks to get initial software updates. I submitted a service request and my service center pushed the latest software update that night (2021.4.12)

Thanks jerm506 - happy to see there's a 2021.4.12 update. We'll wait a few weeks as we've experienced in the past. Interesting that your service center pushed remotely, we didn't even have the option via the app - a service request defaulted to an actual appointment that they then promptly canceled.

Hi Tesla Fam,

I'm coming from a 2018 Model X 100D with the latest software updates, and (I realize this is kind of trivial given other issues on the forum) I don't see certain games on my 2021 Model Y Performance which I am taking as an indication that the latest software for the higher-up models is different or further along.

On our X we have Polytopia for example - the software version on our 2021 Ys (we actually bought two Model Ys at the same time, both are 158xxx VINs - a Performance and an LR) neither has the two more recent games and the versions are 2020.47.104 which, according to Tesla, are on the latest version (just had a canceled service appointment with that note).

Since we're long-time, existing Tesla owners, we understand how software updates work - we're on home wifi and Advanced is set in terms of update frequency. I'm fine with not having the actual games - I don't play them - but everything else is the latest and greatest on the car so this is me being nit-picky. We have every 2021 item that's been posted on the forums: double-pane glass, heated wheel, metal steering wheel switches/rollers, new center console with stitched finish, even the matrix LED headlights, so I'm definitely not complaining. We love this car. Just wondering if current Model Y owners are on a newer software version as I think all Model Ys currently being delivered at end-of-quarter are on 47.104.
I have a 3 long range picked up March 19. It has the 2020.47.104 level software. I took it to local Tesla and they said its the latest level. Our other 3 a std range picked up 12-29-2020 has had multiple updates and is on 2021 level.

Adding a follow-up - the delay in software version updates seems expected by most here in the community as all newly delivered cars within a certain time frame are all on the same, older software version straight from the factory. The reason(s) seem to be a combination of:
  • new cars come with the "last stable version" so as not to ruin the new car experience
  • new feature(s) such as heated steering that are not part of the current version fork
  • too many new vehicles at one time, such as end-of-quarter pushes, that slow down the entry of those vehicles into the update cycle
This process is new to me since the last time we bought a Tesla (3 years ago) there were simply fewer Teslas on the road. We'll wait patiently as nothing is significantly wrong or affecting our enjoyment of the car.

Similar discussion on this thread: Software update