TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Missing Home Link Button?

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by ChargeIt, Mar 5, 2016.

1. ChargeIt

ChargeIt Member

Hi All,

I'm so excited to be the second owner of a 2008 Tesla Roadster #417. I was born to drive this car!!!
    I was hoping to tap some long time owner expertise on an issue I have.
    My home link option is missing so I can't set it to open my garage door.
    I have the navigation system and I read some other posts that say all models came with home link.
    Is that true? How do I know if I really have it? If not, can I get it?

Thanks all and happy gas free driving!!

2. MLAUTO

MLAUTO Member

The Homelink is part of the VDS screen and is separate of the radio. You push the wrench icon, then Homelink, and set it from there.

3. MileHighMotoring

Welcome to the forum and congratulations! You may want to buy some sunscreen for your teeth, you're going to smiling in the hot Arizona sun a lot more :biggrin:

4. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

MLAUTO is right. The homelink is part of the VDI not Nav unit.

If it is still missing check settings to see if there is an on/off option. I don't remember if this is the case or not.

Finally if my memory is right, I think if the system doesn't see the homelink module it removes the button from the VDI as if the car does not have homelink. (This is saying there could be a broken HL module)

Best of luck!

5. ChargeIt

ChargeIt Member

Yes, Missing Homelink from VDI

Thanks NEWDL! This is the case I have. The homelink button is missing from the VDI. I'll do some more checking to see if the module is broken or missing due to on/off settings. I will re-post once I figure it out in case it helps others. Spread the Tesla love!!

6. laweijfmvo

laweijfmvo Member

did you ever solve this problem?

7. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

The button doesn't show up unless there's at least one spot programmed.

• Informative x 1
  8. laweijfmvo

laweijfmvo Member

but i thought you need the button to ADD a spot.... what am i missing guys? sorry for being obtuse :(

9. djp

djp Roadster 2.0 VIN939

You can add HomeLink controllers in the Settings menu (under the Wrench icon when you have the parking brake on).

HomeLink.png

10. laweijfmvo

laweijfmvo Member

that's the button that i am missing. page 2 of my settings (wrench) only has 3 button, the top right one (homelink) is missing.