Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I'm so excited to be the second owner of a 2008 Tesla Roadster #417. I was born to drive this car!!!
I was hoping to tap some long time owner expertise on an issue I have.
My home link option is missing so I can't set it to open my garage door.
I have the navigation system and I read some other posts that say all models came with home link.
Is that true? How do I know if I really have it? If not, can I get it?

Thanks all and happy gas free driving!!

MLAUTO is right. The homelink is part of the VDI not Nav unit.

If it is still missing check settings to see if there is an on/off option. I don't remember if this is the case or not.

Finally if my memory is right, I think if the system doesn't see the homelink module it removes the button from the VDI as if the car does not have homelink. (This is saying there could be a broken HL module)

Best of luck!

Yes, Missing Homelink from VDI

MLAUTO is right. The homelink is part of the VDI not Nav unit.

If it is still missing check settings to see if there is an on/off option. I don't remember if this is the case or not.

Finally if my memory is right, I think if the system doesn't see the homelink module it removes the button from the VDI as if the car does not have homelink. (This is saying there could be a broken HL module)

Best of luck!

Thanks NEWDL! This is the case I have. The homelink button is missing from the VDI. I'll do some more checking to see if the module is broken or missing due to on/off settings. I will re-post once I figure it out in case it helps others. Spread the Tesla love!!

You can add HomeLink controllers in the Settings menu (under the Wrench icon when you have the parking brake on).

HomeLink.png