Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Lug Nut Cover Tool (for 19” and 20”)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model 3 owners manual says a Lug Nut Cover Tool can be found in the glovebox. However, I can’t seem to located it ... is it attached somewhere in there? If missing, where can I get one or can I just use a paper-clip (or some other tool)?

The Model 3 owners manual says a Lug Nut Cover Tool can be found in the glovebox. However, I can’t seem to located it ... is it attached somewhere in there? If missing, where can I get one or can I just use a paper-clip (or some other tool)?

check the center console or the frunk. Mine was in the latter when I took delivery. If it’s nowhere to be found, I would stop by the service center and just explain that it was missing at delivery, I’m sure they’d give you a replacement one.

If for some reason they won’t, I think if you used a heavier duty paper clip and just bent one end to a similar shape as the tool, that would work just fine. It doesn’t take much to pop off the covers.

Was missing in my car when I took delivery. Dropped by the SC, and they gave me one, although they had no idea what I was talking about and still claimed they had never seen one used even after finding the part in the back and giving it to me. The advisor told me they just pulled on the legs of the cap to pop it off, and then proceed to show me. Worked fine. I still use the tool to pull off the caps though if I need to pull off the tires, though. I figured I'd save the flexing and possible breaking of the lug nut covers for the SC.

Reactions: Sherlo
Was missing in my car when I took delivery. Dropped by the SC, and they gave me one, although they had no idea what I was talking about and still claimed they had never seen one used even after finding the part in the back and giving it to me. The advisor told me they just pulled on the legs of the cap to pop it off, and then proceed to show me. Worked fine. I still use the tool to pull off the caps though if I need to pull off the tires, though. I figured I'd save the flexing and possible breaking of the lug nut covers for the SC.
Same here, last time a service tech came by I asked him about the center cap tool and he just grabbed the center cap and popped it off.

Reactions: Sherlo
IMG_0818.JPG

An Allen key and a pair of pliers works well.