Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Monroney sticker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On February 13, 2021, I took delivery of a Tesla Model Y. I did not notice it at the time, but there was no Monroney sticker on the vehicle, and none was ever furnished to me.

According to Wikipedia, "The Monroney sticker is required to be affixed to the side window or windshield of every new car sold in the United States and can only be removed by the consumer (Chapter 28, Sections 1231-1233, Title 15 of the United States Code)."

So, is this something Tesla doesn't furnish?

Reactions: rexki
"Monroney Sticker" assist in the valuation of high end antique cars when they are sold - JS
our Tesla's will all be the first 2,000,000 ever made and will be antiques at some point. Not much different than the Ford Model T.
10 years after Ford started they produced 498,342 in a single year - broke 2M cars in 1923 (16 years from startup) - Tesla almost exactly the same!

Mike Monroney was a Senator from Oklahoma and founded the Federal Aviation Administration as well. The sticker was to protect veterans coming home from the Korean War who were buying homes and cars like crazy.

• Informative
Reactions: morbidz and mrwug
I pick up my Model YLR on Monday. Despite numerous requests by phone & email, Service Advisor will not email me a digital copy of the Monroney Sticker even though car probably was delivered to Service Center from Fremont plant on Wednesday. So, when I show up to pay for car after doing an inspection, I will start the inspection by reading the Monroney Sticker & compare it to a list I compiled of new enhanced non-software features since 1/1/22. Without the Monroney Sticker, there is no other way for us lay people to verify all the features in the car we are buying.

I pick up my Model YLR on Monday. Despite numerous requests by phone & email, Service Advisor will not email me a digital copy of the Monroney Sticker even though car probably was delivered to Service Center from Fremont plant on Wednesday. So, when I show up to pay for car after doing an inspection, I will start the inspection by reading the Monroney Sticker & compare it to a list I compiled of new enhanced non-software features since 1/1/22. Without the Monroney Sticker, there is no other way for us lay people to verify all the features in the car we are buying.
Try not to over think it. Highly doubt they will sneak a missing feature on you. You waited this long, on Monday it will all be over.