Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Premium Audio Settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lawscreen

Supporting Member
Mar 15, 2017
St James NY
I had the latest upgrades, (both screens upgraded and some things done with the suspension) and have kept the software up to date. I tried to find the "Audio Settings" to adjust the sound in the ($2,500) premium infotainment system and it is no longer where it was. Does anyone know if the Audio Settings feature was abandoned or where it has lived to? Thanks in advance, Arthur Lawrence

I had the latest upgrades, (both screens upgraded and some things done with the suspension) and have kept the software up to date. I tried to find the "Audio Settings" to adjust the sound in the ($2,500) premium infotainment system and it is no longer where it was. Does anyone know if the Audio Settings feature was abandoned or where it has lived to? Thanks in advance, Arthur Lawrence

Bottom of the media panel

IMG_7119.jpeg

After I updated my X to MCU2 and AP3.0. I can’t feel the Bass and subwoofer . Tried to max the bass and Sub still nothing. Upgraded 2022.4.5 today , nothing improved.

After I updated my X to MCU2 and AP3.0. I can’t feel the Bass and subwoofer . Tried to max the bass and Sub still nothing. Upgraded 2022.4.5 today , nothing improved.
I am looking to buy an X which the owner said had premium audio but in system settings it shows base sound system, is there a possibility that the system is installed but the system is detecting as base instead of premium?

I am looking to buy an X which the owner said had premium audio but in system settings it shows base sound system, is there a possibility that the system is installed but the system is detecting as base instead of premium?
It's not impossible... but improbable. Either way, it's a red flag. At best, the seller is misinformed as to what their car has. Could they be referring to the Premium Upgrade Package? Up until sometime in late 2017 I think, audio was a separate upgrade package. So it was possible to have the Premium Upgrade Package, but with the base stereo. Worst case, either the seller is shady, or there's something wrong with the vehicle.

It's not impossible... but improbable. Either way, it's a red flag. At best, the seller is misinformed as to what their car has. Could they be referring to the Premium Upgrade Package? Up until sometime in late 2017 I think, audio was a separate upgrade package. So it was possible to have the Premium Upgrade Package, but with the base stereo. Worst case, either the seller is shady, or there's something wrong with the vehicle.
thanks, yes I saw somewhere else that in early 2017 the audio was a separate option to the PUP which is annoying. I have seen the options screen and it does show base audio... I won't how bad it is cause apart from that the car has every other optional.

thanks, yes I saw somewhere else that in early 2017 the audio was a separate option to the PUP which is annoying. I have seen the options screen and it does show base audio... I won't how bad it is cause apart from that the car has every other optional.
If I recall, the base system has a few less speakers. I don't think it has a subwoofer, but I could be mistaken. It also does not have SiriusXM.

The only way to tell if it is acceptable for you would be to give it a listen.