Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Roadster items from Tesla shopping page...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been meaning to update this thread based on my recent information. It took a few weeks, but I managed to acquire the Xenon Headlamp Retrofit through my service center. According to the shop foreman, a lot of the parts are still acquirable through special order. I didn't have him check on any other parts, as they were about to close, but he mentioned seeing close to 30 sets of Xenon kits in inventory.

I suppose that's better than 5 or less in stock. I'm hoping it's the same case for the rest of the parts.

Got mine a few weeks ago. Look carefully as some units have a few defects in the plastic...

Sad...though it’s important to note that some service centers can still access remaining parts in inventory. I ordered a set of Xenons earlier this year (despite them taking two months) and sure enough, they arrived!

Is this something we can do ourselves? A simple template can be made and transferred to the clear bra material. So what is the proper clear material that will give maximum UV protection, not interfere with the clarity of the light output, and is available to purchase in small quantities?

Another question, have you noticed any change in the quality of the light output? Is the light smeared coming out of the protective layer? Any downside to this? Also, I wonder how much Tesla spent with the tint shop on the goodwill?
The HID lights are much brighter. I would say 2x brighter. You can also do the DDM Xeon retrofit for 90% of the light at 5% of the cost. Not as good looking but functional