TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Missing rubber on HVAC knob

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by MileHighMotoring, Oct 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MileHighMotoring

One knob is missing the rubber grip, and another's is loose. Any fixes, replacements for these? I'm afraid to ask Tesla their price. This is on a 2010 2.0.

(Sorry if it's not clear, by HVAC I mean the Heat, A/C temperature knobs)

2. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

3. tvuolo

tvuolo Supporting Member

I bought a few packs of these: Radioshack - Products

They are a bit large, but have a nice feel. I'll try to take a picture when I get back in town.

4. MileHighMotoring

I remember you showed me those - I wasn't sure if the 2.0 was the same since they redesigned / relocated the climate controls a bit.

5. jason.auch

jason.auch Roadster Sport 2.5 #1071

Just bought one from Tesla for $51.25 cad each. :frown:

I am debating making some knurled aluminum ones for the next time they break.

6. spaceballs

spaceballs Member

Yeah I also bought some from Tesla a few years ago, not cheap.

I saw an photo of the aftermarket ones here (I think Bill said they were from RadioShack)
    Will A Tesla Roadster-8708_zpsrszfp5cx.jpg Photo by Shifttech | Photobucket