Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing seat heaters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my car on Saturday. Love it. Noticed on Sunday that i couldn't figure out how to turn on the seat heaters. No icon in the climate control area. Figured it was because I needed a software update.

Well, software is updated and still no seat seater controls. Anyone else seen this?
I also dont have the memory saving section for different drivers.

FIRMWARE V1.15.8

Mark

You should see the seat heater controls on each side at the bottom of the 17"screen.
ClimateCotrolModelS.jpg

If not then you may need to talk to Tesla.

I believe all the sigs come with leather seats, but is it possible the software is configured to think you have cloth -- or worse, they forgot to put in the heaters?! Crazy I know, but I guess anything is possible.

Doutt: you may want to reset the UI by holding down both scroll wheels on the steering wheel. If you are not comfortable with this, I would call TESLA.

Mknox: conformed. Heat on both seat bottom and back.

Mknox: conformed. Heat on both seat bottom and back.

Perfect! I only asked because my current car's control shows the wavy lines eminating from both the seat cushion and seat back. I had a car in the past where the seat back and seat bottom could be controlled independently and really liked that. Perfect for a stiff, sore back but you don't really need to bake your butt. Fingers crossed for a software update some day!

In the Rav 4, I noticed that the seeat heaters will come on automatically with cold weather. Once I turn them off the icon goes away until I re-select auto (any mode), or turn the seat heaters back on, but there is a separate button from the display.

Latest update (Dec 23 2015) significantly improved the wiper performance but eliminated rear seat heating! Anyone else have the same issue? Tesla know about it and are working on the software, but since I have the executive rear seats I'm guessing this may only affect a few of us, so probably not top of their list.