Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Sentry Events.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had went to NYC for the weekend and I was able to find free street parking. My car was fine with loading up everything that happened on Friday-Saturday 5:30 PM (Caught 5/48 events up to here). I got in my car on Sunday morning and when I jumped in I seen I had 48 events but couldn’t check it at the time because I had to drive to pick up my girlfriend who was waiting for me at the hotel lobby. When I finally had the time and went to look at the events, only 5 or so events were there and whatever happened after 5:30PM on Sunday is a mystery. The car seems perfectly fine I’m just scared that this’ll happen in the future if something more serious were to happen. Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do?
I also would like to state that my sentry mode footages have been a bit buggy, the front camera would be completely frozen while the side cameras are running showing footage.

it is no different then having a camera at home. it is very hit and miss

no clue if this issue is just on the 3 or all tesla's but i suspect our friends who drive the more expensive models have less of an issue with stuff like this then we do. i've gone through 3 USB's and have had to play around with sentry plenty. at this point if something were to happen i just hope the person makes the assumption that all tesla's have cameras and won't bother to go near the car.

I had went to NYC for the weekend and I was able to find free street parking. [...] The car seems perfectly fine I’m just scared that this’ll happen in the future if something more serious were to happen. Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do?

Do nothing.
You do realize that sentry is just a placebo, right?
NYPD (and most other PDs) couldn't care less about vandalism or property claims. Taking care of those is between you and your insurance company.

Other than degrading battery SOC, what else are you hoping to accomplish by enabling sentry mode?

Do nothing.
NYPD (and most other PDs) couldn't care less about vandalism or property claims. Taking care of those is between you and your insurance company.

Other than degrading battery SOC, what else are you hoping to accomplish by enabling sentry mode?
the cops anywhere aren't going to care if someone keys your car, or vandalizes it. you are correct on that

but with tesla's anyone out there dumb enough to tempt fate when everyone knows these cars are tracked/camera'd? even my neighbor who knows nothing about these cars mentioned to me about how everytime he walks by my car he knows he is on camera

i would think reputation alone would prevent any issues. also i like being able to pull up the live camera from anywhere via the app just to check in on things

Do nothing.

We are not asking your opinion, we are asking for a fix.