Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Superchargers from in-car nav map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I noticed that with one of the last updates, the car no longer shows the superchargers by default in the map view, and there is no way to enable that anymore.

In fact, the icon to show superchargers is still there, but when I press on it, I'm prompted with a list of superchargers that I can navigate to. As soon as I close that list, the superchargers are no longer displayed on the nav.

Is it just me or am I using this wrong?

I always found it convenient to see where the superchargers are in case I need one, and even more so when they added the numbers to show how busy they are. Doesn't seem like it makes any sense to remove them from the nav so is there a new way to enable them to be shown?

Reactions: BagheeraNY
Superchargers are shown if they’re near your route, at least that’s how it works for me. Not sure if every supercharger within the map’s range is shown or just those closer to you, and it might work differently if you’re using navigation. But you’re correct, it did work differently at some point, but the change wasn’t that recent.

I am on older software version still, but if you touch the map doesn’t a set of 3 icons show up; one is a supercharger icon - click that and all of them should show on the map?

They show up momentarily, and you get a prompt to select which supercharger to navigate to, but once you close that view they disappear.. I remember that all the superchargers showed on the map all the time. No longer my case.

• Informative
Reactions: K5TRX and house9
They show up momentarily, and you get a prompt to select which supercharger to navigate to, but once you close that view they disappear.. I remember that all the superchargers showed on the map all the time. No longer my case.
I agree with you - I preferred the old format. Same behavior here on a Model 3 AWD. Tried to reenable it but thus far haven't found the setting (if it exists).

So I noticed that with one of the last updates, the car no longer shows the superchargers by default in the map view, and there is no way to enable that anymore.

In fact, the icon to show superchargers is still there, but when I press on it, I'm prompted with a list of superchargers that I can navigate to. As soon as I close that list, the superchargers are no longer displayed on the nav.

Is it just me or am I using this wrong?

I always found it convenient to see where the superchargers are in case I need one, and even more so when they added the numbers to show how busy they are. Doesn't seem like it makes any sense to remove them from the nav so is there a new way to enable them to be shown?
You're wrong. Superchargers never showed up by default on the map. Only when you are navigating will superchargers close to your route show up OR you press the 'Lightning bolt' all the Superchargers show up, then you move the map around to see station far away.

I think they did, but it was ages ago - like version 7 or early 8. There were so few superchargers back then that it made sense. Now when I tap the charge icon and zoom out to the whole US, the map is so full it's about useless and the MCU slows to a crawl.

Our MX has similar issue. When map is zoomed in you can see the chargers displayed however as you zoom out, they disappear. The wife is up at the service center now and fighting with them about this. They claim there's an issue with the updated firmware's. I was to get an email explaining it but haven't see it.
We're on 2021.12.25.7 but this has been happening since the first of the year.

I'm on 2020.12.11.5. The map shows the closest superchargers. If click on the lightningbolt icon, I can see them all, even when zoomed out to show most of the United States. It just bogs down my MCU1 to the point it seems frozen, though. Did they change this?

PS: I tried this while parked with no route set.

You're wrong. Superchargers never showed up by default on the map. Only when you are navigating will superchargers close to your route show up OR you press the 'Lightning bolt' all the Superchargers show up, then you move the map around to see station far away.
If no route is in the navigation every supercharger in the USA until recently showed on the map without having to do anything.

Reactions: smashcz and chengka
If no route is in the navigation every supercharger in the USA until recently showed on the map without having to do anything.
I take it you're having the same issue? We have a mobile tech coming out next week. I'll let all know what happens. It's just weird. They are displayed on our MY but not on the MX. The other example of this was you would see bright red superchargers near your current location. This was to identify the chargers you could travel to with the current SOC. Now they are all gone when you zoom out.

Yes, this behavior changed for me too, When I was updated from 2021.4.X to 2021.12.X the, map stopped showing all superchargers within the map view automatically. I now have to click the supercharger button in the bottom right corner of the map. Prior to 2021.12.X, I could zoom the map out and all superchargers that were available in that view just showed up. If I was on a nav plan, then only superchargers around my route showed up.

Reactions: Maaz
I really hate this new display. When doing a vehicle demo with the nav screen and start zooming out, it would be nice to see the S/C in town or out in other areas.
literally I've sold a dozen or so Teslas to family and friends through the magic of zooming out on the map from current location to show the whole layout of superchargers across the US. hope they bring it back.

I’m not happy with the new update either. Two things changed. The superchargers no longer show everywhere, they only show when you zoom in now. Two, they don’t show anymore when you are following a route. These are both downgrades.
I agree, this is a downgrade. I can't believe there's not much traction on this concern. You're right. can't see any chargers when in route, only the ones selected. I thought the new app would show all the S/C but it only shows about 3 or 4 of them at a time and only around the vehicle.

Reactions: BagheeraNY