Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Superchargers from in-car nav map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran into this also. Definitely a downgrade. Very inconvenient on roadtrips. Used to pick the supercharger station that was best for me. Now I need to get out my phone and use Google. Can’t imagine why they removed this. Hope they bring it back asap.
The option to view Superchargers is still there, it was just moved. It's not a button on the map anymore. Press the navigate button on your screen and "Charging" is an option at the top next to your saved "Home" and "Work" presets., pressing that zooms out a bit and shows you all the superchargers in your immediate area. You can then manually zoom and move the map around from there to find and select any other supercharger that you want to navigate to.

IMG_1099.JPG

IMG_1100.JPG

Last edited:
The option to view Superchargers is still there, it was just moved. It's not a button on the map anymore. Press the navigate button on your screen and "Charging" is an option at the top next to your saved "Home" and "Work" presets., pressing that zooms out a bit and shows you all the superchargers in your immediate area. You can then manually zoom and move the map around from there to find and select any other supercharger that you want to navigate to.

View attachment 758863

View attachment 758864
This is true. I wonder how many Superchargers are lurking under that vertical strip that eclipses about 1/3 of the screen. It is unsafe to take one's eyes off the road in order to fiddle around with what appears on the screen.

I also wonder why this listing lists ALL Superchargers within some sort of radius. Why are Superchargers listed that are 180 degrees opposite from the direction I am heading? Those locations are superfluous and unnecessary. If I were heading west, I see a spot west of Abilene and another sorta SW of Abilene. Guessing those are on Interstate 20 (Abilene) and Interstate 10 (likely Junction.) So why does the map show the locations in and around Ft. Worth and Austin? This logic makes zero sense to me.

I believe that Tesla want us to seek out Superchargers only when we are traveling. They want us to input our destination, and let them decide not only the routing but also where to stop and for how long. Tesla Knows Best.

Reactions: K5TRX
Here is what I experience in whole wheel 2021 MS. I have V11 2021.44.30.8.

After tapping on the map you will see the three item menu on the upper right side - terrain, traffic and POI. If you click the POI and you are _below_ certain zoom on the map you will see the chargers (in addition to the POI). If you zoom out too much they will disappear.

To see them in _every_ zoom level you have to tap the Navigation field and select Superchargers. You will get a full list, ordered by distance, and they will show on the map.

No idea what the zoom threshold is; it is a trial and error. It is undocumented change in V11. Frankly, I am ambivalent to this particular change and don’t see the benefit compared to V10. I wish they spent their efforts on more serious things (like controlling the seat warmers without turning on the HVAC)

This is true. I wonder how many Superchargers are lurking under that vertical strip that eclipses about 1/3 of the screen. It is unsafe to take one's eyes off the road in order to fiddle around with what appears on the screen.

I also wonder why this listing lists ALL Superchargers within some sort of radius. Why are Superchargers listed that are 180 degrees opposite from the direction I am heading? Those locations are superfluous and unnecessary. If I were heading west, I see a spot west of Abilene and another sorta SW of Abilene. Guessing those are on Interstate 20 (Abilene) and Interstate 10 (likely Junction.) So why does the map show the locations in and around Ft. Worth and Austin? This logic makes zero sense to me.

I believe that Tesla want us to seek out Superchargers only when we are traveling. They want us to input our destination, and let them decide not only the routing but also where to stop and for how long. Tesla Knows Best.
Unless one has entered a destination, the car wouldn't know which direction you ultimately intend to travel. For example one might be travelling east (to pick up something) but then intending to travel in an entirely different direction.

One other thing that I've noticed (now and prior to v11) is that the distance to specific Superchargers listed is not the driving distance. It seems to be straight line distance which could lead to incorrect assumptions about how much battery capacity is needed to get to a given Supercharger. I believe that if you tell the car to Navigate to a specific Supercharger or location it will show the actual highway mileage.

I had this change from the "old way" on my display about a week ago. It's been really terrible. I can't tell you how much I absolutely HATE not having the superchargers on the screen for me at all times.

There has to be a way to "downgrade" back to where we were before the "upgrade."
its back. left side of the nav screen at all times. with traffic and info button.

Reactions: schrodarkian
its back. left side of the nav screen at all times. with traffic and info button.
You are correct. the toggle is there but I sure do miss being able to see the red balloon zooming out when you are on a road trip. It always builds confidents knowing what is where when you start to run low of juice or want to extend your driving.

So I noticed that with one of the last updates, the car no longer shows the superchargers by default in the map view, and there is no way to enable that anymore.

In fact, the icon to show superchargers is still there, but when I press on it, I'm prompted with a list of superchargers that I can navigate to. As soon as I close that list, the superchargers are no longer displayed on the nav.

Is it just me or am I using this wrong?

I always found it convenient to see where the superchargers are in case I need one, and even more so when they added the numbers to show how busy they are. Doesn't seem like it makes any sense to remove them from the nav so is there a new way to enable them to be shown?
Actually I just entered going to San Diego CA. from Stockton CA. and all of the Supercharged stations that I would need in order along the route appeared.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 20
Actually I just entered going to San Diego CA. from Stockton CA. and all of the Supercharged stations that I would need in order along the route appeared.
Right, but that is not the issue. Previously (from a few years ago) you had the option to have the superchargers show on the map regardless of if you were navigating somewhere and what the zoom level was. It was incredibly nice to have it that way on long road trips. It still annoys me how it is now.

Right, but that is not the issue. Previously (from a few years ago) you had the option to have the superchargers show on the map regardless of if you were navigating somewhere and what the zoom level was. It was incredibly nice to have it that way on long road trips. It still annoys me how it is now.

I agree, I hate it. Why not let us see the superchargers on the map by default?