Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Superchargers from in-car nav map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, this is a downgrade. I can't believe there's not much traction on this concern. You're right. can't see any chargers when in route, only the ones selected. I thought the new app would show all the S/C but it only shows about 3 or 4 of them at a time and only around the vehicle.
So, let me get this straight. If you're in, let's say, California and you want to see the superchargers in Vermont, there's no way to do that at all from the car? Is that right?

So, let me get this straight. If you're in, let's say, California and you want to see the superchargers in Vermont, there's no way to do that at all from the car? Is that right?
Not actually what the changes were. The Nav would allow you to continue to zoom out and see the red balloons of super chargers. Now when you start zooming out, the red balloons go away. Now the only way to see any S/C away from your vehicle is to select the lighten bolt on the right corner of the screen.
So, I guess it's possible to view the Vermont chargers however now they are gray further away from the vehicle.

You can see them if you zoom with the list on left side taking up 1/3 of the visible map - definitely a case where the new layout is less functional.
21.24.11 MY
It was cleaner before, and was also a great demo for friends and family who don‘t understand how extensive the supercharger network is. It’s a game-changer. If you‘ve had a Tesla for awhile you tend to forget how much misinformation is out there regarding range and charging. For what it’s worth you can click on a grayed out supercharger and it will show you how many stalls are available. Necessary? No. But detracts from the “wow” factor when showing off the network. Probably decreases the data usage though, so I get it. Definitely a first world problem. 😉

Reactions: kavyboy
I think it's more messy selecting the charger icon because now you have to look at the list on the left. I want it the way it was. This needs to get more traction. It's really challenging when you are traveling and want to see what options are available while in route. Maybe you have enough to skip the primary SC selected and want to go to the next. Well, hard to route to something you can't see while on a trip. Maybe you don't have enough range and before panic mode kicks in, you can glance at the screen and see the closer SC's around your route.

Com'on Tesla, pay attention!

So I noticed that with one of the last updates, the car no longer shows the superchargers by default in the map view, and there is no way to enable that anymore.

In fact, the icon to show superchargers is still there, but when I press on it, I'm prompted with a list of superchargers that I can navigate to. As soon as I close that list, the superchargers are no longer displayed on the nav.

Is it just me or am I using this wrong?

I always found it convenient to see where the superchargers are in case I need one, and even more so when they added the numbers to show how busy they are. Doesn't seem like it makes any sense to remove them from the nav so is there a new way to enable them to be shown?
The supercharging option doesn't show up in my app in my model X performance and it doesn't show up on the Tesla app on my phone either. I don't know when it disappeared but it was recently and it's most inconvenient when you're traveling cross-country and are in areas where you have no idea where the superchargers are :(

Reactions: M3LA
Is anyone having any issues with the park assist warning going off constantly. My park assist warning keeps on going off while I am doing 80 miles per hour on the interstate. Clearly I am not parking in this is extremely distracting with the alarm constantly going off for no reason! How do I disable this? Also where did the supercharging option go on my cell phone app and on the model X control panel. Why did they take this away? None of this is making sense.

Is anyone having any issues with the park assist warning going off constantly. My park assist warning keeps on going off while I am doing 80 miles per hour on the interstate. Clearly I am not parking in this is extremely distracting with the alarm constantly going off for no reason! How do I disable this? Also where did the supercharging option go on my cell phone app and on the model X control panel. Why did they take this away? None of this is making sense.
In the app, you can now find four Superchargers on the location map. Sometimes it shows the four closest but sometimes it shows a random selection.

In the car, you can see Superchargers by tapping Navigate and there is a new tab at the top for Charging next to the Home and Work options

Wow, thought I was going crazy when I noticed this but it’s true. This new layout is awful. Living in LA there are so many chargers it was very useful to see ones across town that were open. Now it’s a terrible interface! Wish it could be back to the way it was before…

So I noticed that with one of the last updates, the car no longer shows the superchargers by default in the map view, and there is no way to enable that anymore.

In fact, the icon to show superchargers is still there, but when I press on it, I'm prompted with a list of superchargers that I can navigate to. As soon as I close that list, the superchargers are no longer displayed on the nav.

Is it just me or am I using this wrong?

I always found it convenient to see where the superchargers are in case I need one, and even more so when they added the numbers to show how busy they are. Doesn't seem like it makes any sense to remove them from the nav so is there a new way to enable them to be shown?
I ran into this also. Definitely a downgrade. Very inconvenient on roadtrips. Used to pick the supercharger station that was best for me. Now I need to get out my phone and use Google. Can’t imagine why they removed this. Hope they bring it back asap.

Reactions: NormVA and Sporty