Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing things in V10 for MCU1 cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model S and a Model 3, both of which are December, 2017 builds. The Model S has MCU1. They now both have 2019.32.11. Here's what's missing from the Model S release notes that's in the Model 3 release notes:
- Cuphead
- Tesla Theater
- drag and pinch for driving visualization
- Dashcam improvements
- Bluetooth Media improvements

As these are all things related to media, I'm not overly surprised that they aren't supported by an older Media Control Unit.

This is also missing:
- window venting in the app
but I suspect that is because I have a sunroof and that has always supported venting. Perhaps somebody with MCU1 and no sunroof can verify that window venting is present for them?

• Helpful
Reactions: singleview
Since when does MCU1 have dashcam functionality? Seriously, it's my understanding that one can't use a USB to record data with the MCU1 which, essentially, makes it useless. Someone else is telling me it's there. If so, I'd like to know.

No, it is AP2.0, and possibly the cameras that come with it, that prevents Teslacam and full Sentry mode from recording to USB.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
I have a Model S and a Model 3, both of which are December, 2017 builds. The Model S has MCU1. They now both have 2019.32.11. Here's what's missing from the Model S release notes that's in the Model 3 release notes:
- Cuphead
- Tesla Theater
- drag and pinch for driving visualization
- Dashcam improvements
- Bluetooth Media improvements

As these are all things related to media, I'm not overly surprised that they aren't supported by an older Media Control Unit.

This is also missing:
- window venting in the app
but I suspect that is because I have a sunroof and that has always supported venting. Perhaps somebody with MCU1 and no sunroof can verify that window venting is present for them?

It seems that "CARAOKE" is also absent from the MCU1.