Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing Torque Bolts on Model 3 (2022); does anyone have a Service Manual Excerpt of their locations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day everyone,

I noticed my M3 is missing (4) 5Nm Torque bolts on the front aero shield and and rear.

I see from searching the forums, some folks have had the same issue.

I have a service appointment on Sunday to have them replaced. However, I wanted to mark them off on a picture to make the service appointment go by as quickly as possible.

Does anyone have access to the Model 3 Service Manual that can post a good photo of the aero shields, and the proper locations of the 5Nm Torque Bolts?

Thank you

@turns2stone

Thank you for that link. That was really useful. I just realized maybe I'm quoting the wrong part that is lacking bolts..

On the rear aeroshield, there's definitely two missing bolts and they definitely on the aeroshield.

However, in the front, I'm missing bolts at the same area @kas_lar had mentioned:

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 12.53.45 PM.png

Is this part of the aero cover? or is it something else?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 12.50.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 12.50.00 PM.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 115
@turns2stone

Thank you for that link. That was really useful. I just realized maybe I'm quoting the wrong part that is lacking bolts..

On the rear aeroshield, there's definitely two missing bolts and they definitely on the aeroshield.

However, in the front, I'm missing bolts at the same area @kas_lar had mentioned:

View attachment 891506

Is this part of the aero cover? or is it something else?
That is the rocker panel cover, not undertray. Here is a PDF that I got from the service manual that shows info on them and pictures, if you want.

GUID-68874F5A-6CB1-4F55-944B-9C4DB7978E96-online-en-US.png

Edit: after looking at your pictures more carefully, the screws you are missing help hold down the plastic wheel well liner. Here's a picture of that (it's from the mud flap installation instructions, but you can see the plastic section of wheel well in this picture).
GUID-7BFFCAA6-50A8-409F-92A5-D2DBF2A653CE-online-en-US.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC and ACRei
That is the rocker panel cover, not undertray. Here is a PDF that I got from the service manual that shows info on them and pictures, if you want.

View attachment 891621

Edit: after looking at your pictures more carefully, the screws you are missing help hold down the plastic wheel well liner. Here's a picture of that (it's from the mud flap installation instructions, but you can see the plastic section of wheel well in this picture).
View attachment 891625

Thank you so much for the clarification.

I'm going to print these out for my service appointment tomorrow.

May I please ask - are you getting these from the online service manual for the M3?