Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB ports and wireless charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have most people missing USB ports and wireless charging on recently delivered M3LR had this issue resolved?

I logged a call with Tesla back in December which they cancelled and two months later have heard noting. Is everyone else still waiting?

I collected my car in mid December 2021 and still not been invited by Tesla to a service appointment to retrofit the front USB-C ports and activate the wireless phone charging functionality (as per the text that I received 1 day before collection).

You’re likely to have more luck opening a service request for it to be done, and letting Tesla cancel it if they haven’t got the parts, than waiting for them to contact you.

The reason being - if they do get limited parts in the people who are proactively booking appointments will probably get them.

I didn’t get a Type-2 charging cable with my car when I got it, and had to chase it multiple times before it actually arrived (and I nearly ended up with two!)

My retrofit was completed last week at Bristol Service Centre, information from my invoice:

Concern: EMEA - USB Shortage and Retrofit Retrofit USB and test operation, all functioning as designed
Correction: USB Hub - Center Console - Front (Remove & Replace)
Parts Replaced or Added
ASY, USB HUB (1656787-30-A) Qty 1
SCR PT TRX WSHR 4x12x12 (1116117-00-A) Qty 3

Are we at the point where people either don't know or don't care about whether they get data-enabled ports in the front?

Maybe this is one of those conditioning things where consumers eventually embrace less features (e.g. like Apple removing the headphone jack)

Hooray ! Mine were fitted yesterday (18/03/2022 ! ) by the mobile service guy , literally 5 minutes and he was finished . @Filbert1884

Attachments

• mobile service.jpg
    mobile service.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 129
Are we at the point where people either don't know or don't care about whether they get data-enabled ports in the front?

Maybe this is one of those conditioning things where consumers eventually embrace less features (e.g. like Apple removing the headphone jack)
I went to war with Tesla over it and lost, they literally stopped replying to my emails. Realised it was just causing me unnecessary stress, now I know that Tesla consider customers to be morons who will ‘have what they are given’ I’m at peace with it. Not that they’ll care, but I’m no longer recommending the car and will be very unlikely to buy another one.

Reactions: MrBadger and Durzel
I seem to recall Tesla offered me something (maybe premium connectivity) for the fact I didnt have these on collection back in December. I don't have ports or wireless charging....Does this ring true with anyone else or am I making it up? I checked all my delivery SMS's but cannot find it.