Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB Ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE: actually, only the glove box USB has power; the two USB-C sockets in the back have no power either. It seems the whole central console USB power system is missing - now a known issue of parts unavailability. I would indeed have still taken delivery of the vehicle, given prior knowledge, but Tesla made no mention of it - that's the part that annoys me. Now booked for a service visit Dec 10. I'll be carrying the key card until then, in case my phone dies...
Did you put your data in the form? Link is in my signature.

Ya'll realize that the alternative to this is no delivery at all?

I'd personally rather see cars get sent out missing an honestly luxury item that can easily be added later than have them be piled up indefinitely and folks complaining about even longer delivery waits.

I'd personally rather see cars get sent out missing an honestly luxury item that can easily be added later than have them be piled up indefinitely and folks complaining about even longer delivery waits.
Sure, its not an issue as long as its communicated to folks at or before pickup and Tesla provides some kind of written statement they are missing and will be replaced at Tesla's expense at a later date....

Yes, under that scenario, its better they deliver them.

It’s not so much the missing part as it is the missing communication about said part.

UPDATE: actually, only the glove box USB has power; the two USB-C sockets in the back have no power either. It seems the whole central console USB power system is missing - now a known issue of parts unavailability. I would indeed have still taken delivery of the vehicle, given prior knowledge, but Tesla made no mention of it - that's the part that annoys me. Now booked for a service visit Dec 10. I'll be carrying the key card until then, in case my phone dies...
They really couldn’t justifiably deliver the car without ANY power for the USB in the glove box, where the Sentry Mode stick is supposed to be installed. If there was really NO USB anywhere, I doubt they could allow the car to be delivered, knowing full well that sentry recording wouldn’t work.

that said, I’m appalled they didn’t tell people in advance, most car companies I’ve read about doing things like this at least say, “the LTE in car WiFi isn’t currently enabled” or the rear 12V couldn’t’ be enabled, etc.

What I would really like to see is Tesla at LEAST give these people a 4 port 12V to USB/A/C adaptor and send it out to all affected parties right now. Ppl need some sort of phone charging capability in the car - certainly at least for PAK users.

Also took delivery of our MYP two days ago. No front USB or wireless charging.
No mud flaps or PPF. But did come with it's fair share of paint issues, some panel and interior.
Gotta love Tesla.

Have a full PPF wrap appointment this morning but will only end up being only a few areas until Tesla fixes the paint. (Over 2 weeks away(

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
Also took delivery of our MYP two days ago. No front USB or wireless charging.
No mud flaps or PPF. But did come with it's fair share of paint issues, some panel and interior.
Gotta love Tesla.

Have a full PPF wrap appointment this morning but will only end up being only a few areas until Tesla fixes the paint. (Over 2 weeks away(
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, have you had a chance to fill out the Google form?

I was reading about this and yes I fully understand your frustrations, but Tesla isnt the only company delivering cars without these items. Other companies are having problems too. They will install them when they come in. So as frustrating as it is, would you rather not have them deliver your car and wait, or take it without the ports and have them install later. It’s a parts shortage issue. At least for me id take it as is and get the parts later.

Now if they delivered it and didnt make it known that is not good PR. They should at least let people know they are missing the USB ports.

The difference is the other auto manufactures are much better at communicating the issue. Most have it listed on the window sticker with a small credit. Tesla needs to improve in this area.

This is Tesla, folks. Since when have they communicated about anything?

Good or bad. New Ys get Bioweapons Defense mode. That's a bonus that just 'showed up'; there wasn't advanced notice. Before that, heated steering wheels, auto-dimming mirrors, etc. etc.

It comes with the territory.
Are you sure bio mode is not missing in the new deliveries? This is actually a missing part I’d be more happy to skip

This is Tesla, folks. Since when have they communicated about anything?

Good or bad. New Ys get Bioweapons Defense mode. That's a bonus that just 'showed up'; there wasn't advanced notice. Before that, heated steering wheels, auto-dimming mirrors, etc. etc.

It comes with the territory.
Isn‘t that just an upgraded HEPA - 13/14 .30 micron filter in place? Or, are there other door seal enhancements and other such stuff that enable that upgrade?

Has anyone received a car without USB ports? I’ve read a few articles that some cars are being delivered without them. I’m scheduled to pick mine up 11/22 and would be pretty annoyed if it’s missing a basic thing like USB ports. Scares me they may be cutting corners on other things.
My Model S Plaid does not have any USB or other charging ports

One more time with this question for all of you who’ve taken delivery…. Has Tesla officially informed you that a) They will in fact will install the missing parts at no charge to the customer? b) Did Tesla give you an estimated date when the parts may be available at your SC for the install? c) Did you get any of this in writing?