Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing USB Ports

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received a car without USB ports? I’ve read a few articles that some cars are being delivered without them. I’m scheduled to pick mine up 11/22 and would be pretty annoyed if it’s missing a basic thing like USB ports. Scares me they may be cutting corners on other things.
I have the same issue with taking delivery later this week. I am saying "No" to delivery as they dont have any estimate at this time on when those missing USB ports will be installed and I dont expect to be on their priority once i take the delivery.

If they have the ports to do the fixes, they probably now have the ports to install in the factory.

Let's see if some of the recent MYLRs delivered in California, which don't need a long train and truck ride, have them installed.
It does seem like the problem was restricted to the 311xxx - 313xxx range of VINs and recent reports are that they are present. That’s why I started the Google form and keep asking people to fill it out!

Reactions: Tesraki
Do they actually hold the car for you or do you have to get back in line?
If you refuse delivery, the car is assigned to someone else (assuming it didn't fail pre-delivery inspection, in which case it might become an inventory car). You get back in line for another car (although not usually at the absolute end, usually you are still fairly forward in the line).

Bmiddaugh, it was good to meet you! We picked up our MY next to yours In Cherry Hill. I’ve already waxed mine (better aerodynamics) :) Enjoy your new ride!
Oh, hey, hi again!
yea it was great meeting you too! Didn’t wanna cut ya short but we had just spent almost 2 hours dealing with selling our old car and were friedddd, lol. yahooooooooooo!

Took delivery yesterday in Nashville TN, asked the SA about the missing ports, she said that there was a batch of of MY's (don't know how many) that are missing ports, but that it is an easy fix. She said they they would be getting delivery of some of those in the coming week or so. Mine was great, everything was there, car looked in perfect condition. I did get my 2021 vin the same day folks started getting 2022 vin's.

I just got my tesla model 3 on saturday, no usb ports in center console or wireless charging. The usb ports facing the back seat work though and a iphone usb c to lighting cable reaches the front so no big deal there. I did setup a service appointment they said Dec 7th they will come to my home and put the usb ports in.
The only other issue in my car so far is some stitching in the back seat is frayed. Other then that no complaints. Love the car its pretty incredible. Its like it was built by aliens its so far advanced from the 2017 ford fusion energi it replaced.

Reactions: BigDanSRQ
This is my fear. If we are missing ports, we will make it work, but let us know. We take delivery on Friday and we only have a heads up of the probability because we read articles and seek out info around here. Thank goodness for built in Nav, so Waze doesn’t kill my older phone battery.
Mine had the back usb ports facing the rear seat. If you bring a usb-c to lightning cable for iphone or whatever phone you have you can still charge it that way.

Reactions: RainbowStars
Quick update from my SC in Fort Worth

Attachments

• missing usb.png
    missing usb.png
    472.7 KB · Views: 106
How long after you took delivery did you get that message?

3-4 days. The driver who brought the car to my house (clueless to anything at Tesla) told me to put in the service request and he told me that he would do it on his side to document that it was missing. I requested the service right away as I don't want the SC to go off of 3rd party news. So, I got that message last night from the app.

Reactions: ScoobyRVA