TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Missing VIN and tire pressure labels in door jam

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by Rycon, Jul 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Rycon

Rycon Member

Hi all. I took my Model Y into the service center yesterday to fix all the production issues. It is apparent they rushed production to meet the Q2 delivery date of June 30.

While the manager and I were going over the car I noticed that the VIN sticker and the tire pressure / loading sticker inside the door jam are missing. From my research this seems to be a violation of federal safety laws. These area also important for insurers and appraisers. On top of that these stickers seem to be very difficult to get from the OEM.

Is anyone else missing their door jam stickers?

I probably should not have accepted delivery 18 days ago, but I didn't know at the time what a big deal these items are.
    Thanks for the info.

2. LevelHeaded

LevelHeaded Member

I’m not. But luckily, printing and applying a couple stickers should in theory be an easy fix

3. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

That’s crazy, missing stickers, should be easy getting new sticker with your vin# from the factory. We also have a Vin# in the windshield drivers side lower right corner. Nice large letters & numbers to read. I just check to see mine and it’s there. Note that the bottom sticker with the Vin# also has the Build date. MM/YY

Fred

4. DaveORD

DaveORD Member

And also on the screen if you bring up your vehicle info, your VIN is there too...

5. Flybuddy

Flybuddy Member

Just got home from picking mine up. My Vin sticker was halfway between fender and door. I was able to peel it off and put it where it belonged.
    IMG_7395.JPG

• Funny x 1
  6. TechnoMage

TechnoMage Member

I have the tire pressure sticker, but no vin sticker.

7. LevelHeaded

LevelHeaded Member

One of my stickers (looks like the same one as this) is located ankle-high in the crack between the front and rear door. Looks like they’re experimenting with placement!

8. NaiWiste

NaiWiste Member

I think mine is there and placed correctly. But not exactly sure.

Attached Files:

9. Wennfred

Wennfred Supporting Member

Yes, that’s where mines is located also.

Fred

10. Rycon

Rycon Member

Thanks for the info, all. Some websites indicated that not only are those stickers required by law, but the lack of them makes it seem like the vehicle has been repaired after a major accident. This could affect re-sell value in the future.

• Like x 1
  11. sherlockw

sherlockw Member

likely damaged and replaced. there was another post where someone’s door vin did not match vehicle vin

12. Rycon

Rycon Member

Is that stuck to the door itself? Wow.

13. TechnoMage

TechnoMage Member

Mine is there. I was looking for the vin sticker in the wrong place. Mine is lower right when facing driver seat. Same as picture above.