Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing VIN and tire pressure labels in door jam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I took my Model Y into the service center yesterday to fix all the production issues. It is apparent they rushed production to meet the Q2 delivery date of June 30.

While the manager and I were going over the car I noticed that the VIN sticker and the tire pressure / loading sticker inside the door jam are missing. From my research this seems to be a violation of federal safety laws. These area also important for insurers and appraisers. On top of that these stickers seem to be very difficult to get from the OEM.

Is anyone else missing their door jam stickers?

I probably should not have accepted delivery 18 days ago, but I didn't know at the time what a big deal these items are.
Thanks for the info.

That’s crazy, missing stickers, should be easy getting new sticker with your vin# from the factory. We also have a Vin# in the windshield drivers side lower right corner. Nice large letters & numbers to read. I just check to see mine and it’s there. Note that the bottom sticker with the Vin# also has the Build date. MM/YY

Fred

Just got home from picking mine up. My Vin sticker was halfway between fender and door. I was able to peel it off and put it where it belonged.
IMG_7395.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: rxlawdude
I took delivery of my model Y on September 2, 2021. I discover in January that I do not have those stickers. Went to local Tesla service. They ordered the stickers and mobile repair came out to put stickers on. When he opened the package the stickers were literally both blank. He went back and had parts order them again. That was 2 months ago. Stopped by today at Tesla and they said it still showed the order but they have no idea when I will receive them. Asked who I can call and they said no one.