Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing XM radio stations in Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model S and subscribe to Sirius/XM radio and recently noticed that the XM radio tuner in my car skips channels 88 and 100 (among a couple of others). If it wasn't NFL season I would never have noticed this but did because 88 is NFL radio. I have talked to Sirius/XM support multiple times and they see nothing on their side which could be causing this issue. The last time I had my car in for service the advisor didnt think it was a Tesla issue so I am at a loss for why random stations would be missing from the lineup.

Can someone else with XM please see if they get 88 and/or 100? Unfortunately with the Model S radio interface there is no way to tune directly to either channel other than scrolling up 1-by-1.

Thanks!

Just ran out to check mine. I have all the channels 88-100 and they tune in fine. I have experienced some quirkiness in the past as well though. I would suggest putting the car out in the open somewhere where you get a good signal. Then do a full reboot (hold the scroll wheels for about 15 seconds until the screens reset) and see if that resolves it. If that doesn't work then you can log in to Sirius XM and have it resend your connection signal (can't remember exactly what they call that). In any case, you should be able to get it to work.

Thanks for checking. I have done the basic troubleshooting with XM tech support a couple of times now to include refreshing my service, rebooting the display, and some form of a hard reset that XM can perform. Nothing has corrected it which is why I was curious whether others noticed random stations missing. The last time I checked in with XM they seemed to imply I need Tesla to replace my radio which seemed extreme to me.

Its probably your subscription. When I switched my subscription from my audi to the telsa, I lost several channels and had to upgrade to get them back. Just tell them you are going to cancel and they will end up giving you a much better rate.

I have a Model S and subscribe to Sirius/XM radio and recently noticed that the XM radio tuner in my car skips channels 88 and 100 (among a couple of others). If it wasn't NFL season I would never have noticed this but did because 88 is NFL radio. I have talked to Sirius/XM support multiple times and they see nothing on their side which could be causing this issue. The last time I had my car in for service the advisor didnt think it was a Tesla issue so I am at a loss for why random stations would be missing from the lineup.

Can someone else with XM please see if they get 88 and/or 100? Unfortunately with the Model S radio interface there is no way to tune directly to either channel other than scrolling up 1-by-1.

Thanks!

Mine MODEL X 90d does the same thing and I am currently at BURBANK SC having them address it, I also love the NFL channel. On occasion I have had channel 88, even saved it as a favorite only to have it disappear again and the favorite becomes channel 87