TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Mission Electric: Bring your Tesla to the Mermaid Parade on Coney Island June 23rd!

Discussion in 'News' started by RoadsterWarrior, May 29, 2012.

1. RoadsterWarrior

We are partnering with the City of New York on a new website to engage the public around electric vehicles and clean transportation.

To give some background, the project is called Mission Electric and it's a partnership between the cities of New York, Boston, and Philly, as well as us to create a website and series of campaigns enabling citizens to learn about electric vehicles and participate in decisions about EV deployment in their cities. For one of our campaigns, Electrified Events, we're looking to partner with producers of public, outdoor events in NYC. Electrified Events will let people to vote on which events should be ‘electrified,’ i.e. win the presence of EV trucks/cars to do ‘show & tell’ at the events (see mockup attached).

One of these events that people can vote on is the Mermaid Parade in Coney Island on June 23rd (Coney Island Mermaid Parade). We are looking for Electric Car owners to come and "crash" this event, and that is where you come in! We would love for you to bring one of your Tesla's and participate.

If you have any questions or want more information please give me a call at 212-839-4382.

Have a wonderful day,

Julie

2. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

Sounds great! I am afraid a few Tesla owners will have a hard time to participate since they took delivery just the day before at the other coast of the continent. :cool:

3. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Is anything going on in Boston and Philly?