TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Missoula, MT supercharger opened, the Northern route now shows complete!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by morbot, Oct 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. morbot

morbot Member

Just got an email that the Missoula supercharger is open. The official Supercharger map now shows the Northern route (East/West) from Seattle to NYC is covered!

2. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

Oh sure, a month after I drive through and NOW they have four Superchargers in Montana...

Well, that's great. Seriously, the other 10,000 miles of my trip had Superchargers, and driving through Montana without them was a good contrast to show just how good and important the Superchargers are. The difference was night-and-day.

Unfortunately I don't think the route is really done yet; it's over 300 miles from Billings to Rapid City, and there really isn't much in the way of alternatives. But we are very close!

3. webbbcam

webbbcam not-so-junior member

I have to agree with ChadS. There still are significant holes in the "northern route".

Ritzville to Missoula is 258miles with two mountain passes between Coeur d'Alene and Missoula.

The Coeur d'Alene Supercharger is sadly delayed (this is where I live....anyone need a NEMA 14-50? give me a PM). No new site picked that I am aware of since the Spring Hill site failed to get its permit.

Coeur d'Alene to Missoula is 166 miles which will tax your MS85 especially in the winter.

Nonetheless "soon close"

John

4. morbot

morbot Member

Well, sounds like it's still not perfect, but hopefully they keep making progress in this area as it's opens up a whole new direction for those of us stuck way up here in the Northwest.

But looking at the map now... looks like poor lonely Texas also needs some love :)

5. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Not to mention that it's 323 miles from Billings to Rapid City.

As I see it, 5 Superchargers are needed to finish the I-90 route and make it a comfortable, good-speed, almost-all-weather route. We are not quite there, yet...

1. Coeur d'Alene, ID
    2. Superior, MT
    3. Butte, MT
    4. Sheridan, WY
    5. Gillette, WY

6. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

Montana is no longer the Ion Desert Wasteland, WY and ID are now. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

kinda funny, look at the Supercharger Map and move the slider to 2014, http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger, It looks like there is a Dot for St. Regis AND for Superior! iNTERESTING! It's representing Missoula and Superior but looks funny. Since we have talked about St. Regis vs. Superior I thought it was funny that it looked like we are getting both!

7. Pricee2

Pricee2 Member

The one dot is Missoula but the western one looks more like Alberton to me.

Dr Guest do you know how to find permits on the MT website? I can find them for WA, OR and ID but have not been able to figure out the MT site.

8. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

It's 323 miles from Rapid City to Billings. That much too far. Just needs to add a supercharger around Sheridan Wyoming, and probably another near Casper to support link down to Nevada.

9. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

Oops, should have read Cottonwoods reply...