Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missoula, MT supercharger opened, the Northern route now shows complete!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh sure, a month after I drive through and NOW they have four Superchargers in Montana...

Well, that's great. Seriously, the other 10,000 miles of my trip had Superchargers, and driving through Montana without them was a good contrast to show just how good and important the Superchargers are. The difference was night-and-day.

Unfortunately I don't think the route is really done yet; it's over 300 miles from Billings to Rapid City, and there really isn't much in the way of alternatives. But we are very close!

I have to agree with ChadS. There still are significant holes in the "northern route".

Ritzville to Missoula is 258miles with two mountain passes between Coeur d'Alene and Missoula.

The Coeur d'Alene Supercharger is sadly delayed (this is where I live....anyone need a NEMA 14-50? give me a PM). No new site picked that I am aware of since the Spring Hill site failed to get its permit.

Coeur d'Alene to Missoula is 166 miles which will tax your MS85 especially in the winter.

Nonetheless "soon close"

John

Well, sounds like it's still not perfect, but hopefully they keep making progress in this area as it's opens up a whole new direction for those of us stuck way up here in the Northwest.

But looking at the map now... looks like poor lonely Texas also needs some love :)

I have to agree with ChadS. There still are significant holes in the "northern route".

Ritzville to Missoula is 258miles with two mountain passes between Coeur d'Alene and Missoula.

The Coeur d'Alene Supercharger is sadly delayed (this is where I live....anyone need a NEMA 14-50? give me a PM). No new site picked that I am aware of since the Spring Hill site failed to get its permit.

Coeur d'Alene to Missoula is 166 miles which will tax your MS85 especially in the winter.

Nonetheless "soon close"

John

Not to mention that it's 323 miles from Billings to Rapid City.

As I see it, 5 Superchargers are needed to finish the I-90 route and make it a comfortable, good-speed, almost-all-weather route. We are not quite there, yet...

1. Coeur d'Alene, ID
  2. Superior, MT
  3. Butte, MT
  4. Sheridan, WY
  5. Gillette, WY

Not to mention that it's 323 miles from Billings to Rapid City.

As I see it, 5 Superchargers are needed to finish the I-90 route and make it a comfortable, good-speed, almost-all-weather route. We are not quite there, yet...

1. Coeur d'Alene, ID
  2. Superior, MT
  3. Butte, MT
  4. Sheridan, WY
  5. Gillette, WY

Montana is no longer the Ion Desert Wasteland, WY and ID are now. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Montana is no longer the Ion Desert Wasteland, WY and ID are now. ;)
kinda funny, look at the Supercharger Map and move the slider to 2014, http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger, It looks like there is a Dot for St. Regis AND for Superior! iNTERESTING! It's representing Missoula and Superior but looks funny. Since we have talked about St. Regis vs. Superior I thought it was funny that it looked like we are getting both!