Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missoula to Glacier National Park: How Do You Do It?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a novice, don't even have my Model S yet. It is finished with production, however, and being shipped and I should have it in a couple weeks or so. My wife and I are taking a long trip and may want to go from Missoula up to Glacier National Park. My check of milage shows 147.5 mi, so one would probably need power at GNP. Anyone done this trip? Can you say where to get power in the park? Any Tesla friendly places? Thanks.

Congrats on you new car.

There are a bunch (19) of RV Parks in the immediate Area.
4 of those are KOAs: Poinson/Flathead Lake, St. Mary/East Glacier, West Glacier and Whitefish/Kalispell North.
PM me if you want any contact info.

A visit to Glacier is on my horizon for this year, so I have plans to head that way late Summer.

And as close as Glacier National Park is to Calgary with all the recent (and upcoming) new Superchargers, you could visit there and swing back over through Vancouver.

My wife and I traveled around in Glacier NP in my MS60 for about a week last summer, relying exclusively on RV parks for charging. We stayed most nights at a hotel in Kalispell while the car slept at a local RV park. We had the Hotel Shuttle drop us off and pick us up there. Entirely doable with a little bit of planning - unless you want to do it in the Winter when most RV parks are closed for the season. Some of the KOA parks can get full in the summer so you might need to reserve ahead.

Thanks so much for the help. I understand that I can stop and get about 30 mi/hr in an RV park, and it is helpful to know that there are plenty in the area. I am realizing more and more that this car will change the way we travel, and, I think, slow us down a bit in areas like this, which is good. And it will force us to ask a hotel for a ride when we leave it to charge when off the SupC grid.